Vehicle Mounted MEWP

Do we need to put the MEWP ( Street lighting Sprinter 5T ) on our ops licence?

Hirer says NO
I say YES

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … _Guide.pdf

Cannot see an exemption in that …

I suppose you could try and class it as plant machinery, but you wouldnt be able to carry anything other than to do with the setting up and use of the equipment on site

ROG:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/193518/Goods_Vehicle_Operator_Licensing_Guide.pdf

Cannot see an exemption in that …

Page #5… right hand column

a vehicle with equipment permanently attached to it for the life of that vehicle. Examples of such equipment include permanently fixed machines or appliances. Additionally, the only other goods or burden that such vehicles are allowed to carry are those essential for use in connection with that fixed equipment. As a general rule, loose tools, cooking equipment, foodstuffs, furniture or display units of any kind or other articles that are not a permanent fixture on the vehicle would not constitute goods that are essential for the use of the fixed equipment.

tower wagons and any trailers that are transporting goods related to the work carried out by the vehicle;

I looked at it with my bad eye, rather than my good eye. :wink:

:bulb: Try googling for an image called ‘tower wagon,’ and maybe, just maybe. :smiley:

Where is my nearest specsavers :question: :laughing: :wink: