Weekly rest - compensation?

NorbertV:
I have a few questions regarding EU driving hours and GB domestic rules.
The questions you’ve asked are all about EU regulations :wink:

• If I had a reduced weekly rest, can I pay the hours back with another reduced weekly rest? Lets say I had 24 hours weekly rest so 21 hours needs to be compensated. Next week full 45 hours rest and a following 45 hours as 24 hours reduced rest + 21 hours compensation? Is that legal?
Yes you can do that but you’ll still need to payback the compensation for the second reduced weekly rest period.

• Do I need to compensate a reduced weekly rest if I had 24 hours weekly rest after 6 shifts on Tuesday and I will do 45 hours rest on Friday and Saturday on the same week? As I had a full 45 hours rest on the same fixed week.
If you have a weekly rest period count for each week you do not have to compensate any extra reduced weekly rest periods you have.

If you have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period every weekend and have an extra day off of a Tuesday you do not need to pay compensation for it as you already have a weekly rest period that counts for the week.

• Can I drive more than 9 hours if I started my shift on 20.00 on Sunday so I will finish on the next fixed week but I already had more than 9 hours driving on Monday and Wednesday?
The regulations say that you can extend the daily driving period to 10 hours twice a week, I think it’s generally accepted that if you go over the 9 hours driving time after midnight on Sunday the extension will belong to week 2.

In your example as you start work at 20:00 you would extend the 9 hour daily driving period on Monday which would be legal.