Can anyone help with my weekly rest and 45 hours off?

Shift length is short so worked hours don’t come into it I’m just wondering how this will work with weekly rest.

I work nights and this is what I’ve done and am doing…

Had last thurs/fri (30/31) off… worked Saturday through to Thursday (yesterday)… I’m off tonight (fri) back in tomorrow night (sat) and off Sunday night. I’m then working through Monday to Thursday night and am off fri/sat/sun.

As far as I know that keeps me straight? Can anyone confirm?

If that’s ok, would I be able to work next Friday night of my fri/sat/sun off and still be ok for my weekly 45 hours as it will have been over 2 weeks since my last.

Thanks in advance.

Trolley:
Shift length is short so worked hours don’t come into it I’m just wondering how this will work with weekly rest.

I work nights and this is what I’ve done and am doing…

Had last thurs/fri (30/31) off… worked Saturday through to Thursday (yesterday)… I’m off tonight (fri) back in tomorrow night (sat) and off Sunday night. I’m then working through Monday to Thursday night and am off fri/sat/sun.

As far as I know that keeps me straight? Can anyone confirm?

If that’s ok, would I be able to work next Friday night of my fri/sat/sun off and still be ok for my weekly 45 hours as it will have been over 2 weeks since my last.

Thanks in advance.

Regular for last week (thu+fri)
Reduced for this week (fri/today)
Regular for next week (fri+sat+sun)
Fine so far from info posted

Presumably the rest on the 30th and 31st was over 45 hour so it looks like you’re OK so far, you can work next Friday night as long as you have at-least 45 consecutive hours rest before starting again on Monday night.

Ok. Thanks for that.

So for future reference the 45 hours has to be taken every other fixed (mon-sun) week? and it could well be potentially 2 1/2 weeks apart? and that’s all ok?

So basically I’m able to work next Friday night no worries as the sat/sun will clear me?

Trolley:
So for future reference the 45 hours has to be taken every other fixed (mon-sun) week? and it could well be potentially 2 1/2 weeks apart? and that’s all ok?

You have to be able to count a regular weekly rest for at-least every second week, given that a weekly rest that crosses 2 weeks (Sunday midnight) can be counted for either week but not both it’s possible to go nearly 3 weeks between regular weekly rest periods.

Week 1 - Finish a regular weekly rest period at the start of the week just after Sunday midnight.
Week 2 - Have a couple of reduced weekly rest periods at some point.
Week Week 3 - Start a regular weekly rest period at the end of the week just before Sunday midnight.

As you’ve had 2 reduced weekly rest periods this week you may not have any compensation to pay back, it depends on the length of the reduced weekly rest periods.

In my example…

Tonight I’m having 33 off, Sunday night will be around 38.

If I work the Friday I’ll finish around 6am sat morning and be back in Monday night around 18:00

Trolley:
In my example…

Tonight I’m having 33 off, Sunday night will be around 38.

If I work the Friday I’ll finish around 6am sat morning and be back in Monday night around 18:00

33 off leaves 12 to pay back then the 38 can be used as 24 off (no compensation needed) + 12 pay back + 2 over

So in simpletons terms (for me!) am I ok working next Friday night?

Trolley:
So in simpletons terms (for me!) am I ok working next Friday night?

Yes.

I’ve learnt something here, much appreciated.