Max driving in a working week

Hi all

Anyone know what the theoretical max driving you could do in a working week.

To keep it simple, there’s a 6 week holiday before and after the 1 working week

I’ll bite, 56 hrs.

Edit: Bloody auto correct

56 hours. 2x10 + 4x9 = 56

That’s in a fixed week, where there’s an actual limit of 56, I’m talking about a working week, between weekly rests

stevieboy308:
That’s in a fixed week, where there’s an actual limit of 56, I’m talking about a working week, between weekly rests

Anything to do with “Driving Time” is governed by the Fixed week - Mon to Sunday.

Your working week, by definition is not “Fixed” and can vary in length (up to 144 hours) and it does not have to align itself to the FW pattern. So I’m afraid there is no real answer to your question unless of course your WW is aligned to the FW and then the 56 rule applies!

Maigret:

stevieboy308:

Anything to do with “Driving Time” is governed by the Fixed week - Mon to Sunday.

Your working week, by definition is not “Fixed” and can vary in length (up to 144 hours) and it does not have to align itself to the FW pattern. So I’m afraid there is no real answer to your question unless of course your WW is aligned to the FW and then the 56 rule applies!

That’s why i said theoretical!!

If you finished a weekly rest at 4pm on a saturday then this is technically possible -
11.5 shift with 10 driving
9 rest
Time is now midnight on sunday
9 rest
9 rest
11 rest
9.75 shift with 9 driving
11 rest
9.75 shift with 9 driving
11 rest
8.5 shift with 7.75 driving
11 rest

If my math is ok then that is the max 144 hours used between weekly rests with 65.75 driving time between the weekly rests