Out of scope and consecutive days worked question

Ok here goes,

I work for a large drainage company that has recently switched from log books over to tachos.

My shift pattern was 12 days working with 2 off and would repeat this through the year using log book only, now since we switched to tacho i now do 6 days of 12 hour shifts, have 1 off, and then 5 days of 9 hour shifts with 2 days off, we have been advised that by working out of scope that this is ok, and on certain days we do up to 15 hour shifts, does this seem right to people that switching from log books to tacho we can still do this sort of shift and hours by working out of scope under gb rules not eu??

Also as a side question, if for example somebody was to use there tacho to drive on monday but didnt drive again for the next 12 days, would they still be looked upon under srivers hours rules because they had continued to work without a day off even though they wasnt driving after that one day?

This has been driving me nuts if anybody can help me with this you will be an absolute hero!!

Thankyou

The fact that you now use a tachograph doesn’t alter the fact that your job is out of scope of EU regulations, if the job was out or scope of EU regulations when you used log books and the job hasn’t changed it’s still out of scope of EU regulations.

When you’re on UK domestic regulations you can use either a log book or a tachograph.

As far as the drivers hours rules are concerned, basically nothing has changed except that you’re now recording your hours using a tachograph rather than a log book.

When you use the tachograph put it on out of scope and you’re good to go.

If what you are doing is OUT OF SCOPE then you can do 12 hour shifts with at least 1 hour of total rest in each on 7 days every week

Thanks for the replys, so basically i could if allowed continue to work the 12 days in a row aslong as i show my 1 hour rest each day?

RBM1:
Thanks for the replys, so basically i could if allowed continue to work the 12 days in a row aslong as i show my 1 hour rest each day?

I’m not sure where the 1 hours rest comes into the equation but yes you can work 12 consecutive days on UK domestic regulations.

On UK domestic regulations you’re limited to 10 hours driving and 11 hours duty time in a period of 24 hours.

Ok thankyou for your reply

tachograph:

RBM1:

I’m not sure where the 1 hours rest comes into the equation but yes you can work 12 consecutive days on UK domestic regulations.

On UK domestic regulations you’re limited to 10 hours driving and 11 hours duty time in a period of 24 hours.

I thought the max work in 24 hours is 11 on domestic regs which is why I stated the total of 1 hour of rest/break for a 12 hour shift = Am I incorrect ?

ROG:

tachograph:

RBM1:

I thought the max work in 24 hours is 11 on domestic regs which is why I stated the total of 1 hour of rest/break for a 12 hour shift = Am I incorrect ?

You’re right, I see it all now :smiley: