HGV Driver Conduct hearing [Speeding]

Hi has anybody had the misfortune to have been called before Traffic Commissioner for conduct hearing [Speeding] any tips/advice would be appreciated :frowning: I’m going to get a solicitor to represent me because I’m up against Ms Aitken, Scottish area Commissioner

What speed were you doing ?

bald bloke:

51 mph rural A road now sitting with 9 points

whisky42:

bald bloke:

51 mph rural A road now sitting with 9 points

So have you been for tea and biscuits yet ?

No not yet 20th April - worried sick now

whisky42:

Are all your points through speeding ? If so were they all driving an HGV ?

bald bloke:

whisky42:

No only [I say ‘only’] 6 all on rural ‘A’ roads

whisky42:

bald bloke:

whisky42:

No only [I say ‘only’] 6 all on rural ‘A’ roads

So this is your 3rd speeding offence whilst driving professionally ? Hopefully for you it won’t be the wrong time of the month for her. :smiley:

Post content REMOVED by Moderator

:laughing: gee thanks for encouragement :laughing:

Did we find out what was the result of this?

I was hauled in front of the TC for London/ South East today for a mobile phone offence (HGV) commited Dec 2016 coupled to a Driving Without Due Care (Non HGV) commited March 2014.

Luckily I got away with a slapped wrist & a warning put on file.

Ironically I do not have any points in my license now either as I was given the option for the Driving Awareness course by the MET.

Drewrat81:
Did we find out what was the result of this?

I was hauled in front of the TC for London/ South East today for a mobile phone offence (HGV) commited Dec 2016 coupled to a Driving Without Due Care (Non HGV) commited March 2014.

Luckily I got away with a slapped wrist & a warning put on file.

Ironically I do not have any points in my license now either as I was given the option for the Driving Awareness course by the MET.

The phone is usually a straightforward 14 day ban, were you outside the M25?

No I was just South of Blackfriars Bridge in Central London.

I was very fortunate in that I got off if you can call it that with a formal warning, my solicitor told me that the bloody woman was ‘quite benign’ that morning

whisky42:
I was very fortunate in that I got off if you can call it that with a formal warning, my solicitor told me that the bloody woman was ‘quite benign’ that morning

Well done, now just try and stay within the limits for a few years at least.

whisky42:

you were very very lucky, my mate was up for the same thing and he just went in and got his licence suspended for 4 weeks.