Blue operators disk. Help new driver :)

Gummybear:
I’ve been driving class 2 for about 3 months now. And a truck for the company I’m frequently sent to through agency had no O disk about 2 months ago so I refused to drive it, with no questions from the transport manager, just gave me a different truck. Today it was the transport supervisor in and I was given that same truck, I found it STILL did not have an O disk. With my CPC still nice and fresh in my memory I can remember that I was told I must have an o license displayed at all times. I told the supervisor and he said it doesn’t matter, and he’s applied for a new one. Which I know is an absolute crap story since I reported it over a month ago and it’s still not got one. Now as I’ve got a transport supervisor telling me one thing and my CPC telling me the other, can anyone clarify for me?

Hi Gummbear,

There’s a nice easy answer to this…

Your CPC was correct to say what it did, but did you forget the part about who is responsible for the displaying of the correct coloured disc?

That responsibility belongs to the operator of the truck, because the disc indicates which kind of operator’s licence (‘O’ licence) the truck needs. This depends on the type of work that the operator wants the truck to do.

From the info you’ve given, it’s simply not your problem because you’re not the operator of the truck.

You’ve reported it to management, so as an employed driver (whether you’re an agency driver doesn’t matter) you’ve done your duty.

After that, if there are any comebacks, they’ll land where they belong. (= not you!!)