Not knowing where travelling next day

I don’t know what to do or how to approach this issue.

I’ve been employed full time for over 2 years by large distribution company, where we are delivering goods to stores every day.

Usually it’s 1 or 2 drops per day. And all through my employment everyone was informed about next days start time and also the place they will be going.

Some times including myself have asked if there was another job to be put on whether long or short runs etc.

But sometimes turning up to work to find out that the job is changed in the morning due to operational or staffing issues. And I’ve taken the jobs previously without problems.

However some other drivers refused the route changes and carried on taken the jobs given night before.

Now the problem. Because of this transport manager has come out and stated that as of yesterday we won’t get told where are we going only to be given the START TIME and that’s it.

I belive this is unfair as I can’t plan my life after the work. Is there anything I can say to reverse this rule.

plan your life 5 mins after your start time,or leave…planning your hoe time at the start of a shift is usualy a recipie for disaster anyway…or not?

15355826_10211583035955636_7419449881923543817_n.jpg

I could leave but that’s the easy way. Apart from this its OK job. And if I don’t know where I’m going how could I arrange my meetings with mistress ( don’t tell the wife) lol.

Your paid to do a job .
Turn up and be given your route , nothing wrong with that .
Things change by the minute in haulage.
They can give you a time and tell you to sit in the tea room if they want and there’s nowt you can do . They pays the money , your choice

In my job I am certain of only two destinations a week
1, the yard Monday morning
2, my home Friday night
What happens in between is any ones guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless they started breaching your contracted obligations such as hours etc. then nowt much you can do mate.

Oh my lord you’ve awoken all the “real truckers” with this one :smiley:
Our place always tell us where we’re off it works both ways really as it means you can have a look at best routes or any roadworks on route ect,I suspect the whingers have spoiled it for the rest those…the ones that only go certain places because that’s “their” route or area,blame them if anyone fella as in his defence your TM is probably fed up of getting earache every day because certain drivers ain’t happy and that’s why he’s brought it in.

xichrisxi:
Oh my lord you’ve awoken all the “real truckers” with this one :smiley:
Our place always tell us where we’re off it works both ways really as it means you can have a look at best routes or any roadworks on route ect,I suspect the whingers have spoiled it for the rest those…the ones that only go certain places because that’s “their” route or area,blame them if anyone fella as in his defence your TM is probably fed up of getting earache every day because certain drivers ain’t happy and that’s why he’s brought it in.

Yep , Because a few Babies have thrown their toys out the pram every time they get a round they don’t like every body suffers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a few have already said…Unfortunately in this line of work uncertainty is a usual. My modus operandi is, I’m selling my hours to this firm all week, how they use them is up to them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Change job/ career mate. Simple. Now that may sound like I’m coming across all "Billy bigballs " but trust me I’m not; some people need routine in their lives, others less so. Either way doesn’t make anyone more or less of a man, it’s just how we are hard wired.

I personally would never voluntarily do something that got to me enough to affect my mental wellbeing and so would rather change direction/job/ lifestyle if something was ■■■■■■■ me off.

So to the o/p I’d respectfully suggest you try a different career path as there are way too many variables in this ridiculous industry to ensure stability. Either way I wish you luck.

You think its unfair?

What about your poor TM, who has drivers who want to do runs that have been cancelled by customers, just because that’s what they were told they would be doing 12hours ago. Transport is transient unfortunately.

Another greeting faced ■■■■ on truck net. Fancy that.