Working six days

Lorrydriver76:
Hi looking for help, I’ve just started with a company doing six days driving nine hours over thirteen hours then forty eight off. The lead driver that runs us says it’s legal but when you ask how he just says he’s done his national CPC. To me driving 108 hours and working 168 hours a fortnight is illegal but can someone please clarify.

I’m assuming this is in-scope of EU regulations ?

If you’re talking about doing 6 days on then 2 days off and 9 hours driving every shift you work it’s not going to work out.

If you start on a Monday by the following Sunday you’ve done 108 hours driving in 2 fixed weeks, in the following 2 fixed weeks you’ll do exactly 90 hours driving which is the maximum allowed.
That’s as far as I’ve calculated it so far.

Unless you can book about 18 hours a week break or POA you’ll be well over the 60 hours per week maximum working time to,you’re looking at 78 hours less breaks and/or POA.

Are they regular shifts starting about the same time every day ?

edit: I’ve done a bit more calculating on this and it works out like this for a rolling 2 week period.
Week 2 = 108 hours driving over the previous 2 weeks.
Week 3 = 99 hours driving over the previous 2 weeks.
Week 4 = 90 hours driving over the previous 2 weeks.
Week 5 = 90 hours driving over the previous 2 weeks.
Then it remains at 90 hours driving every fortnight until week 9 when it jumps to 99 hours driving in the previous 2 weeks.