Driving Infringements

Hi All,

Just looking back over the past 12 months and our regular agency driver has had 8 driving infringements in that period and more worrying 12 working time infringements (most not when driving for us), as a company we always have the driver in to discuss any infringements and they sign the infringement report to say they have understood the error they have made and give advise and further training where required. I know 2 of the infringements occurred as he was stuck in a jams due to accidents with no safe place to pull off the road. Another one was where he accidentally put the tacho in POA mode rather than rest. My query is what would be a reasonable amount of infringements a driver can make within a 12 month period? I know 1 infringement is 1 to many and could potentially lead to fines / disqualification depending on how serious they are but as all drivers are aware sometimes it’s unavoidable (stuck in accidents for example).

Although the WTD is not that enforced it would flag up on a check by who ever and as conforming to the legislation is all part of the o licence agreement it could well cause problems for the company if not addressed.

If the driver is simply not worried because he’s an agency driver I personally would let him go. I’ve had 2 infringements in 6 years both to incorrect tacho mode where I’ve turned the ignition on and not realised the mode had changed.