2-yearly eye test?

My dcpc instructor today stated that all lorry drivers must have an eye test every two years by law. I’ve looked on the internet and can’t find any reference to that so I suspect it’s bollox. Is it?

oakeedokee:
My dcpc instructor today stated that all lorry drivers must have an eye test every two years by law. I’ve looked on the internet and can’t find any reference to that so I suspect it’s bollox. Is it?

There’s no law that says a HGV driver has to have an eye test every 2 years, but it does make sense to have regular eye tests.

Pretty sure it’s recommendation that everyone gets their eyes tested every two years regardless of career, only costs tenner at spec savers anyway.
More for general health then mandatory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oakeedokee:

Some DCPC trainers have a lot to answer for in regards to giving out false info

If you are going to do a DCPC course then try and do it with a LGV training school

■■■■■■■■ as expected. The same trainer that told us on the previous module that it is illegal to take a break while sat in the drivers’ seat. Ho hum.

oakeedokee:
[zb] as expected. The same trainer that told us on the previous module that it is illegal to take a break while sat in the drivers’ seat. Ho hum.

He’s right your stomach must be at least 2 feet from the steering wheel :smiley:

ROG:
If you are going to do a DCPC course then try and do it with a LGV training school

Rog - Sorry mate but I don’t understand your logic. I was at an HGV training school today. They know very little about most things apart from getting someone through the test. They have very limited knowledge of operator licensing, drivers hours, use of Tacho’s or load securing or compliance in general. I don’t get what makes them more suited to deliver DCPC training than someone else.

Of course not all Trainung schools are like that, bug of the three I come across they’re all similar.

Or have I missed the point?

shep532:

ROG:

Rog - Sorry mate but I don’t understand your logic. I was at an HGV training school today. They know very little about most things apart from getting someone through the test. They have very limited knowledge of operator licensing, drivers hours, use of Tacho’s or load securing or compliance in general. I don’t get what makes them more suited to deliver DCPC training than someone else.

Of course not all Trainung schools are like that, bug of the three I come across they’re all similar.

Or have I missed the point?

Very odd as they usually have a good knowledge base of those things