6 Weekly Inspections

Hi All,

New to the site, I have been a hgv driver for many years on and off, but recently have been given a job running a small warehouse and also the transport. We have 3 LGV vehicles and my smallest one recently was made VOR on its inspection. (All round discs and brakes) and a brake valve. The parts and labour came to £3k. I have therefore decided to get the lorry transported back (low loader) and will get my local mechanic to perform the work and get the parts from a dealer nearby. by doing this I will save £1800 and know the end repairs will be the same. Am I quite within my rights to have repairs carried out in a different location to where my maintenance contract states that my inspections should be?

Thanks for you advice

Hadenoughnow:
Hi All,

New to the site, I have been a hgv driver for many years on and off, but recently have been given a job running a small warehouse and also the transport. We have 3 LGV vehicles and my smallest one recently was made VOR on its inspection. (All round discs and brakes) and a brake valve. The parts and labour came to £3k. I have therefore decided to get the lorry transported back (low loader) and will get my local mechanic to perform the work and get the parts from a dealer nearby. by doing this I will save £1800 and know the end repairs will be the same. Am I quite within my rights to have repairs carried out in a different location to where my maintenance contract states that my inspections should be?

Thanks for you advice

In my particular case our six weekly pmi inspections are carried out by our local MAN dealer and any maintenance or repairs are carried out by our own workshop. This was what was agreed when our licence was granted. Dougie

If your who it think you are , (Gary) if not then Hello and welcome
Then my works fitter inspects and repairs the older Trucks and MAN IVECO Or MERC do the new trucks

Not who you think I am sorry! Maybe I will check the wording of my Maintenance agreement, but from the sounds of it having repairs carried out somewhere different to the inspections is not uncommon. Cheers

Hadenoughnow:
Not who you think I am sorry! Maybe I will check the wording of my Maintenance agreement, but from the sounds of it having repairs carried out somewhere different to the inspections is not uncommon. Cheers

As long as it’s agreed when your licence is granted