suspended ??

today arrived at work and was “asked” curtly by the yard foreman to come into the office . as there has been a lot of trouble since this bully boy got the job I insisted that I have a witness ,he disagreed and after 2-3 mins of argument he finally stood aside and allowed both of us to enter. we then had the same argument with the manager. he finally backed down when I announced we were leaving and there will be no meeting. anyway he accused me of reversing in the yard without a banksman on Wednesday gone . I had ! about a wagon length to park it ? I accepted his claim (yard is monitored by cameras anyway). there were a couple of other accusations that I denied and argued about .anyway he decided I was suspended (paid) until he could arrange a inquiry ? .so I thanked him and left . so ! I have holiday days booked, the question is , if I’m still suspended when these holiday days come round will I be deemed to have had them ? or will they still be available? . if I am called in to work for the “hearing” and it extends beyond my normal finishing time ( I suspect it will be timed to try and get me on my own when the other driver has left ,or having one of his regular treatments , he has cancer and is on regular hospital apps ) am I entitled to refuse to attend without my preferred witness ? TIA

Other people will know more about this than I do, but my understanding is that being suspended should not affect your holiday as long as it’s already booked, also any disciplinary hearing should take place within your usual working hours unless otherwise mutually agreed.

thank you for the reply

why are you using holidays , last time I was suspended it was on full pay , I just accepted the suspension then rang them up reminding them I would be paid whilst suspended , I was rang back within mins saying they wanted me too come in the next morning too talk things through , I said to stressed out and it would be a few days before I’d be in the right frame for a disiplinary meeting , too be met with its not a disiplinary meeting its just a chat about things , finally went too meeting and boss couldn’t be nicer , then called me apparently from pillar too post when I left meeting , went back too work a week later .
:laughing: nb must be 15/20 yrs ago so things may of changed

I had my hearing on Friday , I admitted the reversing . the fella chairing the meeting read the statements regarding the other 2 allegations and dismissed them :smiley: . the result being a written warning for the "H&S offence . he also told me I was entitled to carry my holidays over , so not a bad result but a bit of a farce . a month off with pay and I get to keep my holidays .first day back today , …very polite all round :wink:

If it’s a first offence I would have thought a verbal warning would have been in order, anyway it’s a result for you and probably a relief :smiley:

Good result :wink:

thanks was just glad to be back at work , bored to tears sitting about. as I was getting paid ,I was obliged to be "available " during work hours or I would have had a few days away .oh! nearly forgot to mention I got my holiday days back :smiley: although it was the fella doing the interview that told me , my manager nearly choked when I asked if he wanted to " stipulate a time scale to take them in " :smiley: .