Driving licence query

ok hi there folks hoping that someone out there may know a bit about this lol
What it is is that i have been for the past year working in arboriculture driving a 7.5 tonne truck towing a trailer that weighs over 750kgs without realising due to a very well washed driving licence that i had a restriction marked on my licence that i was not allowed to do this as the MAM ( maximum authorised mass) exceeds 8250kgs ( passed b cat test in 93) but since forwarding this on to my manager telling him that i am no longer legal driving ( not that i was anyway) he has since said that there are exceptions in place regarding the use of it in this area of work and that i am still legal to drive even though have been in touch with dvla regarding this and they say that i am not legal etc etc so if anyone knows of any thing help greatfully accepted and cheers to you all

When in doupt contact the VI Intelligence unit. They have always proved very helpful for me in the past. they are happier giving advice & preventing illegal practice than asking for a lot of questions which would result in your breaking the law.
From my exsperience they will only ask for details relevant to what you are doing, not who you or your employer are.
Also no employer can argue with thier advice as they are the ones who enforce the law.

cheers Alan will do that :wink: