Digital tachograpgh issue

Hi All

How do we stand on this is this Law does this happen to you ?

Scenario.
We do our work during the day at 9am we require 15 minute break at 09.15 on the digital tachograpgh has completed 15 minutes Break. And later we require 30 minutes which we duly have in total we have 45 minutes all agreed by the clock.
However
When the company have the analysts do there work each month
They issue the Driver with a infringement for not have completed 45 minutes Break they say the Driver has only completed 13 mins instead of 15 minutes and only 28 minutes which the company are now talking drivers to the dissaplinary route and they are saying its up to the driver to have 17 minutes instead of 15 minutes and 32 minutes instead of 30 minutes. We seem to think this is a calibration issue but there telling us it’s common practice in the industry, we would like to know if this is so are this company just using this has a way of getting rid of Drivers your help on this is much appreciated

We are also being brought to book ob the WTD now it seems there telling us Vosa will prosecute drivers not being up to the WTd. :exclamation:

Authorities have not prosecuted a driver for WTD since it started as far as I know and I think we would have had a post on here had that happened

Make sure digi records 17 and 32 mins for breaks

Well if they tell you to have 17 and 32 minutes have 17 and 32 minutes, but if you take the break time off the tachograph break display it should be accurate.

If the tachograph is showing 15 minutes break duration but not recording 15 minutes break duration it should be defected because it’s faulty.

On a digital tachograph the break duration is shown on the display and can be relied on to be accurate.

This is a post that shows the break on a the Siemens tachograph.
viewtopic.php?t=84198&p=1157075#p1157075

ROG:
Authorities have not prosecuted a driver for WTD since it started as far as I know and I think we would have had a post on here had that happened

But that’s not much consolation if the OPs company are taking disciplinary action against drivers for not complying with the regulations.

Are you paid by the hour?

the maoster:

No and why would this matter ?

Tony101@:

the maoster:

No and why would this matter ?

Have a longer break .

hello folks, on the subject of tachograph issues. What is the official line on mode selection before removing the card from the tacho head .I’ve just recently been receiving infrinfements for having no daily rest .When I start my shift the next day ,I always do a manual entry telling the tacho I was on rest from x-y . My manager is telling me It’s because I am not selecting bed before taking the card out .I’ve never done that and I’ve never had infringements.
I don’t understand why I’m getting these infrinfements all of a sudden .

Any help appreciated .

Thanks

Ugize100:
hello folks, on the subject of tachograph issues. What is the official line on mode selection before removing the card from the tacho head .I’ve just recently been receiving infrinfements for having no daily rest .When I start my shift the next day ,I always do a manual entry telling the tacho I was on rest from x-y . My manager is telling me It’s because I am not selecting bed before taking the card out .I’ve never done that and I’ve never had infringements.
I don’t understand why I’m getting these infrinfements all of a sudden .

There is no official line on the subject, the Siemens tachograph instruction manual used to advise putting the tachograph on rest before ejecting the card but I’m not sure if they still do.

If you’re doing a manual entry for the rest period you shouldn’t be getting infringements unless you’re doing something wrong in the manual entry.

I don’t see that there’s any possible way that the mode you leave the tachograph on when ejecting the card can be the cause if you’re doing the manual entries correctly.

If it was me I’d do a printout for one of the days that an infringement has been issued for to see what’s been recorded for the daily rest period.