Digital tachograpgh issue

Ugize100:
hello folks, on the subject of tachograph issues. What is the official line on mode selection before removing the card from the tacho head .I’ve just recently been receiving infrinfements for having no daily rest .When I start my shift the next day ,I always do a manual entry telling the tacho I was on rest from x-y . My manager is telling me It’s because I am not selecting bed before taking the card out .I’ve never done that and I’ve never had infringements.
I don’t understand why I’m getting these infrinfements all of a sudden .

There is no official line on the subject, the Siemens tachograph instruction manual used to advise putting the tachograph on rest before ejecting the card but I’m not sure if they still do.

If you’re doing a manual entry for the rest period you shouldn’t be getting infringements unless you’re doing something wrong in the manual entry.

I don’t see that there’s any possible way that the mode you leave the tachograph on when ejecting the card can be the cause if you’re doing the manual entries correctly.

If it was me I’d do a printout for one of the days that an infringement has been issued for to see what’s been recorded for the daily rest period.