weekly rest period

I am new to all this but i am starting a new job where i will be working 4.30am to 2.30 pm mon to fri then sat 7am to 12pm i just wanted to know how many saturdays i can work before i have to pay back the hours for the weekly rest period

sy tap:
I am new to all this but i am starting a new job where i will be working 4.30am to 2.30 pm mon to fri then sat 7am to 12pm i just wanted to know how many saturdays i can work before i have to pay back the hours for the weekly rest period

Assuming you’re in-scope of EU regulations you must have a 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week, so you cannot legally work those hours every week.

You can work Saturday every second week and the compensation will be paid back the weekends you don’t work.

If it is EU reg work then how come the shift pattern has been advertised as that ?

So basically i can do 1sat on and then 1sat off .The job was advertised 2 sat in then one off would that be illegal

And it was 7am till 12 dinner time

sy tap:
So basically i can do 1sat on and then 1sat off .The job was advertised 2 sat in then one off would that be illegal

Assuming the job is in-scope of EU regulations you could not do 2 Saturdays on then 1 Saturday off on a regular basis, well not legally anyway.

Presumably this is on EU regulations right ?

Yes Eu rules cheers for feedback be having a few words before i start as i want to stay legal 1 in 1 off it is then

What will you be doing on the Saturday morning. They may try and sell it to you as being legal because you’re not putting you card in if, for example, it’s yard work rather than riving.

Sorry to hijack a thread…

I worked last Saturday (7 hours in total). So my weeks,hours came to 57 approx.

I finished Saturday 11am and didn’t start work again till Monday at 0730.

Now the reasoning behind why I am being expected to work Saturday is “well you’re on holiday for two weeks as of Monday so you can work it”

Can I work this weekend? Or was I correct to say “let me check my hours I’ll get back to you”

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

@ sinclair89

As you’re not at work next week the first 45 hours rest after you finish on Saturday will count as a regular weekly rest period for this week so there’s no problem working Saturday.

tachograph:
@ sinclair89

As you’re not at work next week the first 45 hours rest after you finish on Saturday will count as a regular weekly rest period for this week so there’s no problem working Saturday.

Balls.

Thanks Tachograph :slight_smile: looks like I’m working Saturday then

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

If you finish at half 10 on the Saturday instead of 11 you’d have 45 hours off and be able to work that every week.

Best not give your boss ideas though :smiley: