New job, weird rota, help

Hope someone can help or advise.
Started a new job, always been on a straight 5 on 2 off so this rota takes abit of getting used to. Doin the rota is no prob, but seeing as it’s only 4 in 3, I want to work an extra day overtime, but I can only work this on sat to tue due to my wife’s work.
I’m trying to work it out so it fits with rest periods and obviously staying legal, but I admit it’s bugging me! Please see the image if it’s uploaded of the next few weeks rota, the green rest days are the ones I believe I can work.

image.jpeg

This isn’t for Arrow xl by any chance ? If so be very careful as they’ll drop you quick as F if you even slightly mess up or don’t say yes sir no sir three bags full sir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks OK to me, I can’t see a problem with working the days you’ve marked green.

I won’t bother working it out now in case you’re not interested, but there are other days between Saturday and Tuesday you could work if you want to.

Let us know if you’re interested and we’ll see you get as little rest as possible :smiley:

tachograph:
It looks OK to me, I can’t see a problem with working the days you’ve marked green.

I won’t bother working it out now in case you’re not interested, but there are other days between Saturday and Tuesday you could work if you want to.

Let us know if you’re interested and we’ll see you get as little rest as possible :smiley:

Really? Yeah defo interested mate. Rest? Pah! work keeps me away from the wife! Lol.

Quick question about week 1 into 2. I’ve got weekly rest in wk1 and another falls sun/mon, am I right in saying that the sun/mon rest covers the 45 for wk2?

I don’t know how long your weekly rest periods are so you will need to be careful about paying back compensation for reduced weekly rest periods.

Here are some suggestions.

• You could work either 28th or 29th August and have a reduced weekly rest period for the week 29th August to 4th September.
  • You can have a reduced weekly rest period for the week 12th to 18th September, so you could work the Saturday and Sunday if you want.
  • Again you could have a reduced weekly rest period in week 26th September to 2nd October, so you could work 27th September
  • You may be able to work 10th or 11th October, it depends on what rest days you have the following week.

Having said that, I should remind you that reduced weekly rest periods have to be compensated for by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.
As I don’t know what hours you work I can’t comment on compensation, so the extra days I’ve suggested above will depend on you’re being able to pay back the compensation in time.

wheelyb:
Quick question about week 1 into 2. I’ve got weekly rest in wk1 and another falls sun/mon, am I right in saying that the sun/mon rest covers the 45 for wk2?

Assuming you work days and not nights what you’ve said is correct, a weekly rest period that crosses 2 weeks can be counted for either week but not both.

Thanks Tachograph, I do 10hr days starting midday, 40hr week, so paying back rest shouldn’t be a prob

image.jpeg

So here I go again! My grandma passed away the other day and the funeral is next Friday, so I need to jiggle a couple of days.
Part 1: If I work 7th and 8th sept, take 9th as a rest day, and I’m taking sat as a holiday anyway, I’m thinkin that’s ok as my 45+ done n dusted for that week. With that in mind…
Part 2: can I work 11th-16th sept? 17th rest, 18th work? The rest of the rota will be as pic.
Would I need to rest on the 3rd sept to make this happen?
Thanks in advance

wheelyb:
Part 1: If I work 7th and 8th sept, take 9th as a rest day, and I’m taking sat as a holiday anyway, I’m thinkin that’s ok as my 45+ done n dusted for that week. With that in mind…
Part 2: can I work 11th-16th sept? 17th rest, 18th work? The rest of the rota will be as pic.
Would I need to rest on the 3rd sept to make this happen?
Thanks in advance

1. Working the 7th and 8th and having the 9th and 10th off is no problem.

2 .You can work the 11th to the 16th as long as there’s no more than 144 hours between weekly rest periods.

You don’t have to rest on the 3rd (unless you want to) because you’ve had a regular weekly rest period the previous week on the 23rd and 24th, and you’ll be having a regular weekly rest period the following week on the 9th and 10th (although you’ve got the 9th marked as work on the calendar).

Sorry to hear about your gran :wink:

edit: Don’t forget that compensation for reduced weekly rest periods has to be paid back en-block by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

Thanks Tachograph, I’d be starting work 12:00 on the 11th and finishing 23:59 latest on the 16th, so would be no more than 130hrs.

Quick Q about week 12th-18th, if it stayed the same as the rota (it won’t), the 13th and 15th are reduced rests with a 45 at the weekend. Because of the 45 do I need to pay anything back for the second reduced?

I cannot see the image and when I click it it says harmful website !!

wheelyb:
Quick Q about week 12th-18th, if it stayed the same as the rota (it won’t), the 13th and 15th are reduced rests with a 45 at the weekend. Because of the 45 do I need to pay anything back for the second reduced?

No, you won’t need to pay compensation for the reduced weekly rest period on the 17th.

In fact, because it’s not really required, depending on the length of time off it will probably be used to pay back the compensation for the reduced rest on the 15th.

ROG:
I cannot see the image and when I click it it says harmful website !!

The image is hosted on Trucknet ROG, it’s been posted as an attachment.

It might be worth checking your security settings and doing a virus/malware scan.