Digi tacho prinout / vehicle printouts

Hi all

I’m getting a bit confused if anyone can help - been driving 18t+ for nearly 3years , due to relocation etc I’ve had a few jobs …each job /drivers say different things about tachometer driver printouts and vehicle printouts.

Can someone clarify how often I need to do a digi tacho activity
printout?

Also how often to do a vehicle activity printout?

I was of the opinion a digi tachometer driver activity printout after every working week and vehicle printout only required if card is lost/stolen etc? But am being told loads different things.

There’s no legal requirement to do driver card printouts unless it’s to explain a deviation from the regulations.
For instance if you had to go over the legally allowed daily driving time because you got trapped on a motorway due to an accident, then you can legally drive to the nearest suitable parking place and do a printout to explain the deviation from the regulations.

The only time a driver is legally required to do vehicle printouts is if your driver card is lost/stolen or faulty, then you can do vehicle printouts at the start and end of each shift for a maximum of 15 days.

Some companies have their own requirements for driver card printouts but the only legal requirements are as above.

tachograph:
There’s no legal requirement to do driver card printouts unless it’s to explain a deviation from the regulations.
For instance if you had to go over the legally allowed daily driving time because you got trapped on a motorway due to an accident, then you can legally drive to the nearest suitable parking place and do a printout to explain the deviation from the regulations.

The only time a driver is legally required to do vehicle printouts is if your driver card is lost/stolen or faulty, then you can do vehicle printouts at the start and end of each shift for a maximum of 15 days.

Some companies have their own requirements for driver card printouts but the only legal requirements are as above.

Thank you very much for clarifying

gazzi123:
… I’ve had a few jobs …each job /drivers say different things about tachometer driver printouts and vehicle printouts.

Hi gazzi123,

I’d just comment that it is quite common that drivers (and a lot of bosses too :wink: ) confuse actual legal requirements and get them all mixed up with ‘company policy,’ resulting in you noticing some variation at different companies when you change jobs.

Thankfully, tachograph has put you right. :smiley: