Double manned and minimum wage

Hi ,I quite often do double manned work and when doing full shifts the day rate works out at under the minimum wage per hour .
I presume that all hours on shift are counted as work .
Has anything been decided in law regards to this .

grumpyken52:
Hi ,I quite often do double manned work and when doing full shifts the day rate works out at under the minimum wage per hour .
I presume that all hours on shift are counted as work .
Has anything been decided in law regards to this .

Off the top off my head, there has been complaint about Sports Direct staff actually being at work and onsite longer than their paid hours, thereby rendering them effectivley on less than minimum wage. They where having to wait for security searches or something. I know thats nothing “in law” like you asked, but i think the principle is the same. In any event what does your contract say ? Have you mentioned this to your employer ?

Not all hours on shift count as work, as with double manning, the 2nd person is usually doing nothing, so can be counted as POA (if both cards are in, it will be POA, )
Unless you’ve just swapped driving and are now in the passenger seat. The first 45 mins will now count as break.
Neither breaks nor POA will count towards your working time for that day.
So, if you’re salaried at £100 a day, and do 10hrs, you’re on £10hr.
Double manned doing longer runs for the same day rate, but out in total for 20hrs, means you’re on £5hr.