Driving hours and overtime etc!

Apologies in advance I’m very new (3 weeks into 1st driving job). So I work Sunday-Thursday 10 hour shifts with average days of 3-4 hours driving a day (15-20 hours driving all week) the rest taken up with other work or just sitting around waiting for a second run (not complaining at all I’m loving my new job) my question is how much overtime days can I do? I was thinking I can only legally do 1 day every other week due to rest periods could anyone please clarify this for me I’m really struggling to get my head round all the drivers hours and WTD so any help would be appreciated thanks guys, John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to have a 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week and a rest period of at-least 24 hours on alternative weeks.
(Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods must be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken)

From the information you’ve given it’s not possible to say what extra days you could work but it’s most likely that you could do 1 extra day every second week.

tachograph:
You need to have a 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week and a rest period of at-least 24 hours on alternative weeks.
(Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods must be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken)

From the information you’ve given it’s not possible to say what extra days you could work but it’s most likely that you could do 1 extra day every second week.

I work 4am-2pm Sunday to Thursday if this helps thankyou

johnl647:
I work 4am-2pm Sunday to Thursday if this helps thankyou

Assuming the extra days would be roughly the same shift times as you do the rest of the week you can legally do 1 extra shift every second week.

Assuming your company comply with the RT(WT)R you will need to watch your average hours over the reference period don’t go over 48 hours, however if you’re sitting around waiting for runs a lot you should be able to book that time as break or POA (break is less troublesome) and that will help to keep your average working time hours down.

Yeah my shift generally averages 4 hours driving 3 hours other work 3 hours breaks, some days even go home after 8 hours I get paid 10 hours regardless. Great thanks for your help