Penalties for overloading (van specific)

I’m looking for specific penalties regarding overloading, what and how much the fines are for driver and company and any penalty points issued etc also any information that explains axle weights for simpletons, to clarify why I’m asking this, the simple d!ckhead desk jockey doesn’t understand why I refused to take a load on the van (started work on my hgv theory hence not wanting to risk my licence, plus I’m not an idiot) and has plans to make things difficult for me as he doesn’t understand the laws and regulations, beating it into him is seriously tempting but would result in immediate disciplinary action so isn’t an option, yet! (I’m not even joking I actually want to hit him :laughing: )

So far I have this transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/r … 067324.pdf but I’m wondering if there is anything more in depth.

Have a read of Page 237 - Enforcement Sanctions Policy

Apart from the fines, if you work for a company that has an operators licence overloading a vehicle could attract points on DVSAs OCRS system.

Thanks Tacograph, the company doesn’t as we only have one van but they may go on to have trucks later so any information I can hand to the directors to point out said desk jockeys mistake will only benefit the company for future reference!