Information on vosa

If you were stopped and found too have 13 mins driving with no card in, insufficient daily rest , and another instance of 2 mins 40 sec with no
Card in
What are the likely penalties ( obviously parked for 9 hrs too make up for insufficient rest
But if you have no previous convictions , no other issues with card other than those 3 mistameanas.
The likely hood of a day in front of the traffic commissionor, likely outcome if so , fine ( how much , suspension of lisense ( how long ) , etc etc ta

Depends on the circumstances of the driving without card logs, I assume you mean if this was found on the VDU, on it’s own driving without card recorded on the VU means nothing as the driving could have been done by a shunter in the yard or anyone else who could legally move the vehicle.

On the insufficient daily rest offence I’d say it depends on how short the daily rest was, if you’re talking a couple of minutes and have a reasonably clean record I’d hope for nothing more than a verbal warning, obviously if you’re talking about a significant amount of time for the daily rest prior to the current shift you could expect to be parked up for 9/11 hours.

Tut tut someone been pulling their card…it’s like breaking the law,expect punishment if caught…quite possibly a short term ban maybe 30 days or a fine but you may aswell hope for the ban because you’ll only be working the days anyway to pay the fine :smiley:

tachograph:
Depends on the circumstances of the driving without card logs, I assume you mean if this was found on the VDU, on it’s own driving without card recorded on the VU means nothing as the driving could have been done by a shunter in the yard or anyone else who could legally move the vehicle.

On the insufficient daily rest offence I’d say it depends on how short the daily rest was, if you’re talking a couple of minutes and have a reasonably clean record I’d hope for nothing more than a verbal warning, obviously if you’re talking about a significant amount of time for the daily rest prior to the current shift you could expect to be parked up for 9/11 hours.

Even if the employer has previously had their licence curtailed as punishment for similar offences?

Hopefully not you Dozy and just somebody you work with. If it is you then you’ve not paid any attention to anyone here who’s been telling you to slow down and just tell your planners no, it’s not possible. I really think you’d be better off out of that place but only you can do that and only if you have a valid licence. The big green machine couldn’t give a stuff about you if you lost your licence, they’d just keep the fresh meat coming through the door with visions of being the next reality TV star.

tachograph:

Insufficient rest was 15 mins short , and they were parked up

xichrisxi:
Tut tut someone been pulling their card…it’s like breaking the law,expect punishment if caught…quite possibly a short term ban maybe 30 days or a fine but you may aswell hope for the ban because you’ll only be working the days anyway to pay the fine :smiley:

How long after incident to you have to wait for appearance before I assume traffic commissioner , how long after incident would ban commence , why do you say 30 days :question: ta

m1cks:

tachograph:

Even if the employer has previously had their licence curtailed as punishment for similar offences?

Hopefully not you Dozy and just somebody you work with. If it is you then you’ve not paid any attention to anyone here who’s been telling you to slow down and just tell your planners no, it’s not possible. I really think you’d be better off out of that place but only you can do that and only if you have a valid licence. The big green machine couldn’t give a stuff about you if you lost your licence, they’d just keep the fresh meat coming through the door with visions of being the next reality TV star.

I think the driver came too the same conclusion as you after being parked up for 9 hrs , but possibilly a bit late , a job where your not pushing the limits every day might be the way too go , let’s hope first offence there not too hard on him , and no it’s not me.

Some more questions
Why no fine /s , does the op mean it’s a court case ( I assume before traffic commissioner )
I was told that if your parked up then it has too go too court as deemed very serious :question:
The £80 fee for removal of green wire immobilisation type device , is that a standard fee or is it the fact that at night a third party removes said device at night
do you have too go before the traffic commissioner in the area you were pulled / parked up or a local one .
Ta

dozy:
Some more questions
Why no fine /s , does the op mean it’s a court case ( I assume before traffic commissioner )

Ta

Dozy,you’re the OP and now your asking “does the op mean”…are you questioning the meaning of something you’ve actually said because if you’re not sure then how will we know?!

xichrisxi:

dozy:
Some more questions

Ta

Dozy,you’re the OP and now your asking “does the op mean”…are you questioning the meaning of something you’ve actually said because if you’re not sure then how will we know?!

:laughing: Classic :laughing:

xichrisxi:

dozy:
Some more questions

Ta

Read what it says , does the original post ( content ) mean it will go too a court case :exclamation:

Statement taken by vosa , should they issue you with a copy :question: , or is it just a weights sheet and probation sheet/ s they need too issue you with :question:

MickyB666:

xichrisxi:

dozy:
Some more questions

Ta

No it’s not I’m afraid , if someone had taken more time too read it they’d realise I was referring too the original post , not poster .
Anyway can we get back too the questions I’ve asked , far more important
Main one , from being stopped , questioned , parked up , how long until proceedings start , ta

dozy:

MickyB666:

No it’s not I’m afraid , if someone had taken more time too read it they’d realise I was referring too the original post , not poster.

Apologies Dozy - It just sounded funny the way it was put, no harm or insult was intended!

dozy:
Some more questions
I was told that if your parked up then it has too go too court as deemed very serious :question:
The £80 fee for removal of green wire immobilisation type device , is that a standard fee or is it the fact that at night a third party removes said device at night
do you have too go before the traffic commissioner in the area you were pulled / parked up or a local one .
Ta

dozy,

A Traffic Commissioner (TC) holds a Public Inquiry, they don’t decide/hear court cases.

IF an offence goes to court, it may follow that the TC invites a miscreant to a hearing (Public Inquiry) to see whether any other penalty is necessary.

A TC cannot fine you or give you penalty points on your licence, but they can suspend your LGV entitlement for a few days/weeks/months if they see fit.

Anything done by a TC is usually after a court appearance, (but not always) and any penalty imposed by a TC is quite separate to any penalty imposed by a court.

If you get an invite to see a TC, it won’t be for tea and biscuits, so you’d best go with a folded up newspaper stuck down the back of your trousers cos the reason that they invite you is because you’ll be getting slippered.

dieseldave:

dozy:
Some more questions
Ta

dozy,

A Traffic Commissioner (TC) holds a Public Inquiry, they don’t decide/hear court cases.

IF an offence goes to court, it may follow that the TC invites a miscreant to a hearing (Public Inquiry) to see whether any other penalty is necessary.

A TC cannot fine you or give you penalty points on your licence, but they can suspend your LGV entitlement for a few days/weeks/months if they see fit.

Anything done by a TC is usually after a court appearance, (but not always) and any penalty imposed by a TC is quite separate to any penalty imposed by a court.

If you get an invite to see a TC, it won’t be for tea and biscuits, so you’d best go with a folded up newspaper stuck down the back of your trousers cos the reason that they invite you is because you’ll be getting slippered.

Thanks Dave , the vosa bloke said I hope your telling me the truth ( I was ) as when you go too court they won’t take kindly too finding out you weren’t , I assumed court was in front of traffic commissioner
Will have too wait and see what happens

MickyB666:

dozy:

MickyB666:

No it’s not I’m afraid , if someone had taken more time too read it they’d realise I was referring too the original post , not poster.

Apologies Dozy - It just sounded funny the way it was put, no harm or insult was intended!

Don’t worry mate it’s fine

dieseldave:

dozy:
Some more questions
Ta

dozy,

Dave , have you any idea on time scales , from being pulled too hearing are we talking of weeks , months etc ta

dozy:

dieseldave:

Dave , have you any idea on time scales , from being pulled too hearing are we talking of weeks , months etc ta

dozy,

The timescale is going to depend on what the offence is, the backlog of cases at the court responsible for the area where the offence took place and what is in the public interest.

IMHO, you’re possibly thinking about things in the wrong order…

:bulb: Just because you’ve been reported (for consideration of prosecution) doesn’t always mean that you will actually be prosecuted.

The decision as to whether to prosecute comes before a court appearance can take place.

dieseldave:

dozy:

dieseldave:

dozy,

The timescale is going to depend on what the offence is, the backlog of cases at the court responsible for the area where the offence took place and what is in the public interest.

IMHO, you’re possibly thinking about things in the wrong order…

:bulb: Just because you’ve been reported (for consideration of prosecution) doesn’t always mean that you will actually be prosecuted.

The decision as to whether to prosecute comes before a court appearance can take place.

Dave , offence is as original post ( break was 8 hr 45 mins ) , thanks dave it seems a bit clearer now , first offence so hopefully theyl feel sorry for me , again thanks for your help .