WTD 15 hour spread

So, I’m expecting a 10 hour shift, I work 6 hours and then have 45min break which will cover me to the end of expected shift. But it all goes ■■■■ up and I need to work a 15, how much more break is needed and when? Don’t worry about drive time, just WTD rules please.

Steevo:
So, I’m expecting a 10 hour shift, I work 6 hours and then have 45min break which will cover me to the end of expected shift. But it all goes ■■■■ up and I need to work a 15, how much more break is needed and when? Don’t worry about drive time, just WTD rules please.

For a total working time of more than 9 hours you should have breaks totalling 45 minutes, however for the 6 hour rule you’ll need another 15 minute break starting no later than 6 hours from the end of your last break.

So if you have a 45 minute break 6 hours after starting the shift you will need to start another 15 minute break no later than 12 hours 45 minutes from the start of the shift.

work 6
break 45
work 6
break 15
work 2

Various other options are available

As Rog said.
So if your not worried about drive time I would do …

5h - 15 min break
4h - 30 min break
That would give you 15min work to end your 10 but would also give you a clear 5h 15min to the 15h shift end but I’d only do it that way if I knew it was gonna stretch to a 15 from the onset .

Thanks lads but in my example, after the 45 I would then be working for 8h15min so would I not need a total of 30min for that period?

Steevo:
Thanks lads but in my example, after the 45 I would then be working for 8h15min so would I not need a total of 30min for that period?

No

A fifteen minute would suffice to satisfy the 6 hour rule.

Your 45 break satisfies the total shift length already.

Steevo:

No, you would need another 15 minute break before going over 6 hours from the end of the previous break, in other words you would need a 15 minute break to split the 8 hours 15 minutes in such a way that you never worked more than 6 hours without a break.

Have 30 minutes if you want it though :smiley:

marsland:

ROG:
work 6
break 45
work 6
break 15
work 2

Various other options are available

Again a misunderstanding if the Legislation. You will be required to take a 30min break before logging off (not 15min as stated) as your working time from the end of your 45 min break is between 6-9hrs. You cannot work 8hrs with a 15min break.
Work 6
Break 45
Work 6
Break 30
Work 1hr 45mins
Total of 15hrs

There is no need to take as many breaks as stated. You can work the 15hr day with breaks of 45mins perfectly legal.

Work 3hr
Break 15min
Work 6hrs
Break 30mins
Work 5hr 15mins
Log off

Your understanding is off

The WTD rules are simple
At no point shall there be a period of work without at least a 15 min break
Then there is the total amount of break needed for a shift

Where you got the brand new rule - You cannot work 8hrs with a 15min break - eludes me

My example does not have a period of more than 6 hours without a 15 break being taken and it conforms to the total break needed for the work in that shift

As I stated in another thread you replied to - you have your own personal view which is fine but stating that my example is wrong when it is totally legal could confuse others

You are adding rules where none exist

marsland:
Again a misunderstanding if the Legislation. You will be required to take a 30min break before logging off (not 15min as stated) as your working time from the end of your 45 min break is between 6-9hrs. You cannot work 8hrs with a 15min

Frankly there’s so much nonsense in some of your posts it beggars belief, you appear to be making stuff up to suit yourself :unamused:

marsland:
. He is required to take a second 15min break before logging off thus bringing his rest in line with the legislatiion requiring him to take 30mins if total accumulate working time is between 6-9 hrs.

As others have said you are talking complete rubbish.
The working time you are referring to is for the total length of the shift.
In this case it is more than 9 hours therefore breaks totalling at least 45 min must be taken. They have satisfied that requirement with the first break and from then on they only need breaks to ensure they don’t work more than six hours between breaks and the end of the shift.