poa

whats the minumum time that counts towards a POA

AFAIK no minimum time is mentioned it the regulations.

its bizarre :frowning:

i think if it aint more than 15 mins it aint worth bothering with

cheers
anyone in the Midlands steer clear of LCH generators artic it may be me

We have been told 5 mins minimum but dont start at writing it down unless a minimum of ten minutes has passed :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Has anybody else been put in the situation that me and my fellow drivers have where the boss hasnt actually explained ANYTHING to us in person about it.Just given us some bumf to read.■■

Oh yeah and 8 drivers have left in 4 weeks… :bulb: [none] :laughing:

yeh me…i bet the office girl dosnt deduct time at the coffee machine or people on ■■■ breaks from there 7.5 hour day so why should we…just to keep our wages low

hitch:
yeh me…i bet the office girl dosnt deduct time at the coffee machine or people on ■■■ breaks from there 7.5 hour day so why should we…just to keep our wages low

Why would it effect your wages?.

The wtd says Q: Must a worker be paid for periods of availability - even if these periods do not count towards the working time limits under these Regulations?

Yes. Working time is not the same as paid time and we would expect employees to be paid for availability time.

From here dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … P135_14877

I agree with Jammy. In fact, if an employer told me, at interview, that I would not be getting paid for POAs, I would get up and walk out of the door immediately. I might say something like, “I’m sorry, we’ve been wasting each others time”, but I doubt it.

if we got an overtime premuim for POAs then it would be an incentive to keep a close check…all POAs do is give the boss your life for free…there has been know improvement in the quality of life cos drivers can still be away from home for days clocking up massive hours…doing sod all at the docks rdcs etc