6 hour rule

Doing class 2 work at the minute, here’s the scenario, start at 06:00 hrs and take 45 min break at 11:45 - 12:30 (by the way haven’t hit 41/2 hrs driving as mixed work delivering and installing white goods ). Satisfied both community hours and RTD rules. Continue work at 12:30 and again do mixed work with no P.O.A. Do i have to take a brreak when i hit 18.30 hrs as i have again hit 6 hrs continuous work. This happens a lot by the way, and my supervisors are saying it only counts for the first 6 hrs. Me thinks not.

The rules say:

No Mobile Worker shall work for more than 6 hours without a break.

12:30 - 18:30 is six hours so you need a break. I think where your employer is trying to pull a fast one, sorry I mean confused, :wink: :smiley: is with the following from the regulations;

If the day’s Working Time lasts between 6 and 9 hours, then you are entitled to at least 30 minutes break at some point during that time. If the day‘s Working Time lasts more than 9 hours, you are entitled to at least 45 minutes break at some point during that time.

Note it says if the working day is more than 9 hours you are entitled to a break of at least 45 minutes and I think they are taking that to mean you only need one 45 minute break. But as it also says you can’t work more than six hours without a break so you do need a second 45.

Coffeeholic:
The rules say:

No Mobile Worker shall work for more than 6 hours without a break.

If the day’s Working Time lasts between 6 and 9 hours, then you are entitled to at least 30 minutes break at some point during that time. If the day‘s Working Time lasts more than 9 hours, you are entitled to at least 45 minutes break at some point during that time.

Neil,

Do you have a link to these rules ‘on line’ by any chance, please? So far I have failed to locate them.

HERE

Thanks for that Krankee.

I must’ve been getting the wrong end of the stick as I thought people were saying this was part of Tacho Regs, but now I see it is part of WTD.

I was getting worried how I could’ve missed something like that for so long if it was actually Tacho Regs! :blush:

As for WTD, I guess i’m still learning!!

THis rule has been in force in germany for years for national work
but as normally no firm-driver keeps to it ,