What is this explanation of the 6 hour rule?

Hiy,

I have just come across this website driverhours.co.uk/working-time-directive/
I think example 2 is completely misleading and this paragraph:
“If you are to work between 6 — 9 hours, then you must accumulate 30 minutes of break before beginning your next minute of work after 6 hours.
You can do this by taking 2 breaks of at least 15 minutes or a full 30 minute break after no later than 6 hours of work and drive combined.”

What do you think?

Regards,
Simon

:unamused: must be a DCPC training booklet … ignore

It’s not misleading it’s just plain wrong :frowning:

Also it says that the breaks can be taken at any time, in fact for the RT(WT)R breaks cannot be at the immediate start or end of the shift.

You cannot work for more than 6 accumulative hours without a break. As defined by the Drivers hour’s laws, a break must be at least 15 minutes in length in order to qualify as a break.

If you are to work between 6 — 9 hours, then you must accumulate 30 minutes of break before beginning your next minute of work after 6 hours.

You can do this by taking 2 breaks of at least 15 minutes or a full 30 minute break after no later than 6 hours of work and drive combined.

If you continue to work up until you accumulate 9 hours of WTD then you must take a further 15 minute break.

You can take this additional break at any time throughout the day once your duty has begun, and it may also be included on the end of another break, but it must be no later than after 9 hours of total WTD.

tachograph:
It’s not misleading it’s just plain wrong :frowning:

Also it says that the breaks can be taken at any time, in fact for the RT(WT)R breaks cannot be at the immediate start or end of the shift.

You cannot work for more than 6 accumulative hours without a break. As defined by the Drivers hour’s laws, a break must be at least 15 minutes in length in order to qualify as a break.

If you are to work between 6 — 9 hours, then you must accumulate 30 minutes of break before beginning your next minute of work after 6 hours.

You can do this by taking 2 breaks of at least 15 minutes or a full 30 minute break after no later than 6 hours of work and drive combined.

If you continue to work up until you accumulate 9 hours of WTD then you must take a further 15 minute break.

You can take this additional break at any time throughout the day once your duty has begun, and it may also be included on the end of another break, but it must be no later than after 9 hours of total WTD.

I just banged off a message on their contact page :unamused:

got a harmful website warning for that link - using f secure protection

the domain name sounds serious though

nick2008:

Did you get a reply?

Lusk:

nick2008:

Did you get a reply?

No but they have REMOVED THE ITEM :wink:

nick2008:

Lusk:

nick2008:

Did you get a reply?

They may have reworded it but it’s still basically the same misinformation :frowning:

In fact now they seem to have added diagrams to prove their lack of knowledge :laughing:

tachograph:

nick2008:

Lusk:

nick2008:

Did you get a reply?

They may have reworded it but it’s still basically the same misinformation :frowning:

In fact now they seem to have added diagrams to prove their lack of knowledge :laughing:

bugger I missed that bit … so its still the same … about time these companys were pulled up and made to be accountable for missinformation.

Paul Stewart King was a builder from Whitley Bay and his Father William David King set up a training company called Chartwise in September 2010. :bulb: