wtd and tachos

jonboy:
i only work 4 days a week due to the wtd

the company i work for are making us fill out the back of a tacho for rest days and single day holidays.this is to show that day of rest shows up on your tacho analysis

this involves colouring in the manual rest band on the rear of the chart and writing restday 0000/2400. or days holiday

anyone else doing this and is it something you have to do under wtd rules :question:

jon

dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 22954.hcsp
www2.dti.gov.uk/er/work_time_regs/wtr0.htm

acas.org.uk/

adobe.com/enterprise/accessibility/main.html

i only work 4 days a week due to the wtd

the company i work for are making us fill out the back of a tacho for rest days and single day holidays.this is to show that day of rest shows up on your tacho analysis

this involves colouring in the manual rest band on the rear of the chart and writing restday 0000/2400. or days holiday

anyone else doing this and is it something you have to do under wtd rules :question:

jon

I can see the logic of it.

Records, which must be kept for two years, can comprise of virtually anything. Trip sheets, work rotas, or any other fanciful idea.

Tacho charts can also be used providing they are kept for two years. So if your company is ONLY using tacho charts, then using them to record rest days and holidays seems a good idea. One simple system and everything filed in the same place.

Right, I suppose a hijack here is as good as anywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

If companies are only keeping tachos for a year, then the records for WTD have to be kept for 24 months, it seems as though tachos will be used for this too.

So if the VOSA bloke comes in 2 years time to check the average working week over the reference period, is he going to check all the cards for tacho infringements?

The other major point is that, when we start using Digital tachographs with the Driver ID card, the law states that a record must be printed and kept for a year,

The new generation tachos I have seen have a similar face to the compact tacho we use now, with a slot for the card and a printer.

Here is my point, the printer uses thermal paper which as anyone knows fades away in a couple of weeks, look at an old fax, it will be blank.

I dont think anyone has thought this through yet, as usual

Wheel Nut:
The new generation tachos I have seen have a similar face to the compact tacho we use now, with a slot for the card and a printer.

Here is my point, the printer uses thermal paper which as anyone knows fades away in a couple of weeks, look at an old fax, it will be blank.

1. IIRC the new digital tachos will also have a slot for an operator card; the operator could download the data to a different computer, and print the weeks’ data on different paper.
  2. Thermal paper doesn’t fade if you store it properly - i.e. away from central heating, and out of the light.

Wheel Nut wrote;

So if the VOSA bloke comes in 2 years time to check the average working week over the reference period, is he going to check all the cards for tacho infringements?

Short answer No for several reasons;

• he’s probably got lots of other better things to do.
  • checking charts is mind numbingly boring.
  • most tacho and hours offences have a six month time limit before they become not prosecutable at Court. This does not apply in the case of false records or false instrument (a false record made abroad). However, the VOSA man (or woman) can take older records to the Traffic Commissioner if they show repeated, similar offences.

Wheel Nut also wrote;

I dont think anyone has thought this through yet, as usual

Actually they did, Annex 1B which defines the specifications for Digital Tachos, the data cards and other bits and pieces contains some very specific criteria regarding the length of time and under what storage conditions (temperature, humidity etc) the printed records must remain legible. But there is nothing to say tacho records (in whatever format) have to be used for RTD records. The operator could use any system; spreadsheet, paper hours sheets or tacho records. Just whatever system they use the records must be legible and available for at least 2 years.