Now i am in Trouble whit the Law

:smiley:
For my is it easier now,as someone stohl my Bag whit my Tachochart,s :exclamation: ( :question: )
Just there are some Document,s now away too,i can,t geta copy anymore :exclamation:
I just posted here that someone is watching my,and i couldn,t do in Internetcafe whitout Shadow :confused:

dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 22954.hcsp
www2.dti.gov.uk/er/work_time_regs/wtr0.htm
acas.org.uk/
adobe.com/enterprise/accessibility/main.html
europarl.eu.int/home/default_en.htm
europa.eu.int/comm/index_en.htm
fta.org.uk/information/otherissues/eu/
curia.eu.int/de/transitpage.htm
digitaltachograph.gov.uk/
:arrow_right: Yea,that’s a few Page i use for my Job :exclamation:

Krankee:

David5l:
me thinks these posts are a windiupytythingymigig :laughing:

Have you checked his website?

Methinks Fred could be very knowledgeable, therefore helpful, in the ‘spanners’ type queries.

We’ll wait and see.

:arrow_right: :question: What’s wrong whit my Webside :question:
I found Bravenet.com,can do one Year for free,and did it the First Time :exclamation: So,i did something to see how it workes,and can change,or do it new :exclamation:
At that moment i am happy whit my Webside,can i order it,and do some more :exclamation:
:arrow_right: :arrow_right: But,if you,or someone has a Idea :bulb: =Just make a new Treat and tell the unknowing People,how you could do better :bulb:
and in which art you do best for what :exclamation:
Ey,now tell my what’s wrong :question:

David5l:

need to go for a Beer
Have a good rest

managed to say that in good english :wink:

Is in Bradford not an Airport :question:
Oh,yes :exclamation:
I do it in the best Way i can do it whit my English :exclamation:
Sometimes i find a Spellcheck,but can’t find it here,and i am not a Electronicspecial,to find them :exclamation:
I just have enough freetime,as i changed from Longhaul to National Work,to can do so legal as Possible :exclamation:
Ther is just a diference in the use of Law,as i use a Tachochart by Longhaul for,about,24 Hour,and by National Work just for a Shift,as i found out :bulb:
So sorry,if you are not happy whit my English,but it get’s better :exclamation: as i got said :exclamation:

fred Kanka:
:arrow_right: :question: What’s wrong whit my Webside :question:

Fred, there’s nothing wrong with your website.

The item that interested me was your experience as a mechanic.

Most UK drivers are not encouraged to learn how their vehicles work and I was pointing out that your previous experience could be useful to this site.

As for a spell check. Try iespell.com/

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10800
That’s the one Question.
Following happened:
I started Friday the 8th April at 23.30 a Shift,and run they till 11.00 next Day,the 9th April.The Starttime at 20.00 on the 9th April moved we to 21.00 to have my 9 hour Rest,as i in that case could clean the Lorry and finished at about 11.20 on the 9th.
But,in the Night at 01.00 on the 9th was a Fire in a Company close to the Dairy,and Police evacuated all People,which made,that no Lorry could go to Farms to collect Milk.
As i started at 21.00 was not sure f i could go whit a Load,as the Dairy had not enough Product in House,and i was in waitingposition.
I ask the Shunter if i could seat in a Lorry to listen Radio,and must not watch the boring TV,got the Lorry i may be get,and went in Bed.
At 23.30 weaked i up,and ask the Shunter,as he walked past again,if they not could load what they have,that i can go,and sent the Rest whit the next Load.
No reaction till 00.30,when i got confused to seat stupid around.
I took the Tachochart from Friday to Saturday,made a note on that i am still whitout vehicle,but on Shift,and will now finish to go home.
Just when i arrived the office to clock out,as they gave my a Partload,which brought my in the Situation,to have started the Shift at 21.00,did that already on the last Chart,as i had no Truck to start a new Chart,and it was aready the 10th at 01.00.
I did from Midnight the Time manuell on the Chart,made the in Tacho,worked till 08.15,went home whit the Chart in my Pocket,where i put manuell the Rest on it,to use it again for the Nightshift 12 and a half Hour later.
Now the Discussion:
Office said:Wrong,becouse it is illegal to remove a Tachochart during the Shift from Tacho.
I said:Yes,but,as i just change the Tacho at midnight must i remove it,but the Time,which will not be recorded were just bedween less then 5 Secound,and not more then 1 Minute.The sift were still on the Chart,as it meanes only,that i can’t remove a Chart during a Shift,that the full Shift have to be recorded.
Becouse,the Tachochart is here,to recorde what i am,the Driver is doing,to make sure the Job is legal done.
Office said:Only theres art makes Working legal,
I say,just to se two Chart whit one and the same Startingdate,the 10th April 2005 gives my the biggest change to do ileagal,as no control for the Officer is here,if there is a secound Chart for that Day around.
My Question is now:Is it Legal,to start on 10th April 2005 a New Tachochart,work till 08.15,go Home,where i do the Rest manuell in,as a other drives that Vehicle during the Day,and start at 20.45 whit the same Tachochart,which i would change at middnight whit the Date of the 11th April 2005,or i am wrong?

fred Kanka:
I say,just to se two Chart whit one and the same Startingdate,the 10th April 2005 gives my the biggest change to do ileagal,as no control for the Officer is here,if there is a secound Chart for that Day around.

Two charts showing the same start date is not a problem, you have had a daily rest period between the two discs, and any control officer would be able to see exactly what you have done. You could given the right circumstances have 3 charts all showing the same start date and it would be legal.

fred Kanka:
My Question is now:Is it Legal,to start on 10th April 2005 a New Tachochart,work till 08.15,go Home,where i do the Rest manuell in,as a other drives that Vehicle during the Day,and start at 20.45 whit the same Tachochart,which i would change at middnight whit the Date of the 11th April 2005,or i am wrong?

New disc when you start at 20:45. You should have completed the other disc when you finished work at 08:15, especially as another driver would be using the vehicle during the day and you cannot the put that disc back in later. You have had a daily rest period between 08:15 and 20:45 and as far as the tacho regulations go that means 20:45 is the start of a new day.

As for this

Office said:Wrong,becouse it is illegal to remove a Tachochart during the Shift from Tacho.

The people in your office need a refresher course on the tacho regulations as they seem to be somewhat confused.

Coffeeholic:

fred Kanka:

New disc when you start at 20:45. You should have completed the other disc when you finished work at 08:15, especially as another driver would be using the vehicle during the day and you cannot the put that disc back in later. You have had a daily rest period between 08:15 and 20:45 and as far as the tacho regulations go that means 20:45 is the start of a new day.

As for this

The people in your office need a refresher course on the tacho regulations as they seem to be somewhat confused.

I know,and i did by Start my Name in,the Town,the Date,the Registrationnumber,and the Odometer :exclamation:
When i finished did i the Odometer in :exclamation: and handeled the Chart as if i just change the Vehicle,to do then on Backside the Starttown,Odometer and Reg,and,when changing the Chart on Midnight on 11th the Odometer on Backside,as well as Date and Finishingtown on Frontside. :exclamation:
The Rest bedween the Shift’s did i manuell in :exclamation:
:bulb: The Law says,that i can’t do two Shift’s on one Day,but in that case started i the Shift on the one Chart on Saturday,whitout Vehicle,and got the Vehicle after Midnight,when i then started a new Chart,which may run over the next Midnight,to make sure there isn’t a change to manipulate,as it is by two Chart’s on one Day :exclamation:
It’s just a Situation as it only all 10 Years happens,and you have usually always a Midnight in your Chart.
As the chart is only to record the doing of Driver’s coulsnt i find anywhere a Sentence which showed my a ilegiality,as all Time were on the Chart recorded.

fred Kanka:
It’s just a Situation as it only all 10 Years happens,and you have usually always a Midnight in your Chart.

I might be reading this wrong, but you don’t change a tacho disc if your shift goes past midnight - you take it out at the end of your shift.

I need to lay down for a bit i think :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Bones:
I need to lay down for a bit i think :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

I need to go for a Beer :laughing:
Have a good rest :wink:

Denis F:

fred Kanka:

I might be reading this wrong, but you don’t change a tacho disc if your shift goes past midnight - you take it out at the end of your shift.

Of Course,i took it out,as the Dayshift drove the Vehicle then,and prepared the Chart for use in other Vehicle by next Shift,as i put not in Finishdate,and Finishplace,but put on backside manuell the Rest,as i do when i change during the Shift the Vehicle.
as the Chart is to record the Drivers Day.
Recording of Odometer,Shift and other goes just paralel whit Recording of the Drivers Day,but,i could also leave the Company in that case,to go over the Road and drive for a other company whit the same chart one two hour.
Solong i stay in my Time of 9Hour driving and 15 Hour Shift were there no restriction :exclamation:

fred Kanka:
The Law says,that i can’t do two Shift’s on one Day

Where does it say that, it doesn’t. Once you have had a daily rest period, whether that is 9, 11 or however many hours that qualify, you can begin another shift regardless if it is the same day of the week you finished your last shift.

Your confusion arises, it seems to me, because you are not taking into account the difference between a calendar day, 00:00 - 24:00 and a day as defined by the tacho rules, any periods of 24 hours beginning with the resumption of other work or driving after the last daily (or weekly) rest period. So after you have had a daily rest period it is a new day as far as the tacho rules are concerned. New day, new shift = new disc. Doesn’t matter if this is on the same calendar day as the previous shift, you’ve had a daily rest period so you are on a new ‘day’

A driver who does nights will always have two shifts and two discs that fall on the same calendar day, finishes work in the morning, starts in the evening.

fred Kanka:
i could also leave the Company in that case,to go over the Road and drive for a other company whit the same chart one two hour.

No you couldn’t, the chart belongs to the company you are driving for and they need to keep it, for one year, as a condition of their O Licence. If you have worked for two companies on one disc how are you going to return an original chart to both of them within 21 days?

If you drive for two companies in one day you would need to use two charts, one for each employer. Retain the two charts together to give a full picture of your working day, retain them until the end of the following week and then return them to each company.

Coffeeholic:

fred Kanka:
The Law says,that i can’t do two Shift’s on one Day

Where does it say that, it doesn’t. Once you have had a daily rest period, whether that is 9, 11 or however many hours that qualify, you can begin another shift regardless if it is the same day of the week you finished your last shift.

Your confusion arises, it seems to me, because you are not taking into account the difference between a calendar day, 00:00 - 24:00 and a day as defined by the tacho rules, any periods of 24 hours beginning with the resumption of other work or driving after the last daily (or weekly) rest period. So after you have had a daily rest period it is a new day as far as the tacho rules are concerned. New day, new shift = new disc. Doesn’t matter if this is on the same calendar day as the previous shift, you’ve had a daily rest period so you are on a new ‘day’

A driver who does nights will always have two shifts and two discs that fall on the same calendar day, finishes work in the morning, starts in the evening.

fred Kanka:
i could also leave the Company in that case,to go over the Road and drive for a other company whit the same chart one two hour.

No you couldn’t, the chart belongs to the company you are driving for and they need to keep it, for one year, as a condition of their O Licence. If you have worked for two companies on one disc how are you going to return an original chart to both of them within 21 days?

If you drive for two companies in one day you would need to use two charts, one for each employer. Retain the two charts together to give a full picture of your working day, retain them until the end of the following week and then return them to each company.

:arrow_right: The discussion started,as whit the new Workingdirective we got Paper which told Drivers,to have to hand Tachos from now on after latest 14 days in Office.
:arrow_right: Next Paper told drivers,to do for POA,Waiting whit waitingtime known in advance,the Tacho to crosshammer.
Not doing through that direction will resume in taken legal action against the Driver. :exclamation:
:arrow_right: now i went in Internetcafe,printed the Workingtimedirective from Department of Transport.38 Page for £9,50
by a discusion in driverroom found we out,that Waiting whitout knowing the Time in advance is on Crosshamer whit working as well,
and,POA,Waiting whit knowing the Waitingtime in advance is on Crossed squarre.
:arrow_right:
Tachochart belongs to the operator who operates the Truck.But the Tachochart does recording the doing of the Drivers,and not of the Truck or Shift.
You just can do 6 shifts in a sixdayweek,were you will alway’s have on the Startingdate a other Date then on Finishdate,if we talk about a regular work whit minimum of 8 hour,some waiting,drving whit brake and Daily Rest brings you usually to a 24 hour Day.
but,there isn’t anything to find for my,as my English isn’t good enough to know under which words i could search,which would tell my the direction n a unregular Situation.
The Company tells my:Ask your agency,
The Agency tells my:is not my Job.
:bulb: Yes,and so i am her :exclamation:

lkwrecht.de/Lenkzeit/VO3.htm

need to go for a Beer
Have a good rest

managed to say that in good english :wink:

David5l:

Have you checked his website?

Methinks Fred could be very knowledgeable, therefore helpful, in the ‘spanners’ type queries.

We’ll wait and see.

To focus on one point.

fred Kanka:
:arrow_right: now i went in Internetcafe,printed the Workingtimedirective from Department of Transport.38 Page for £9,50
by a discusion in driverroom found we out,that Waiting whitout knowing the Time in advance is on Crosshamer whit working as well,
and,POA,Waiting whit knowing the Waitingtime in advance is on Crossed squarre.

Waiting time with period known in advance = POA = tacho on square.

Waiting time with period NOT known in advance = Other Work = Crossed Hammers.

Except the legislation also allows for

Mobile workers do not need to be formally notified about a period of availability and its duration in advance. It is enough that they know about it (and the foreseeable duration), in advance.

So if you take the attitude that every delay will be, for instance, three hours because,
You have been there before
The Office have told you to expect a delay.
You have overheard other drivers complaining about the length of delays.
Premises of that type always mean delays.
It is a Bank Holiday and there are less staff to unload.
It is a Friday or a Monday and unloading staff will probably have ‘taken a sickie’.
There is a ‘Y’ in the day.
Any other reason you can think of.

ALL of the waiting time can be taken as a POA.

Whilst the above is not exactly within the ‘spirit’ of the legislation, it is certainly written into the ‘wording’ of it, and it’s use is only limited by the creativity of the individuals involved.