WTD RIP-OFF

Just wanted to know if anybody out there has come across this one before? A notice has just gone up in our canteen informing us that if we reach our average of 48hrs a week before the 17 week period is up, then we will have to take the time off as un-paid. As we are paid on a fixed day-rate this ■■■■■ :frowning:
I feel a trip to job centre comin on!!!
[/quote]

From what I’ve read about what doesn’t count towards " work " I think you’d have to be a bit of a muppet to actually reach 48 hours on an average over 17 weeks.

jase11:
Just wanted to know if anybody out there has come across this one before? A notice has just gone up in our canteen informing us that if we reach our average of 48hrs a week before the 17 week period is up, then we will have to take the time off as un-paid.

[/quote]

Thats up to them. A week on holiday or a week on sick counts as 48 hours work now.

TBH though, it sounds like your companies management are another on the long list of those without a clue.

Welcome to TruckNet UK jase11 :smiley:

Greetings! UK Jase II, welcome to the funny farm that is Trucknet. :laughing:

Willy Gofar:
From what I’ve read about what doesn’t count towards " work " I think you’d have to be a bit of a muppet to actually reach 48 hours on an average over 17 weeks.

KERCHING, my company has decided that any paid time is work time so basically no POA. It is going to get very interesting after about 14 weeks. I will be first to court if they argue the toss about not paying me for the weeks I cant legally work. :confused: :confused: :unamused:

I know of another large company doing the same… !!! It basically means that you have to stick to just your payed hours, i.e. NO overtime, and you should be OK, but that’s hardly fair for those of us that want to do it… !!!

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses: