What is defined as WORK?

Quoting Lucy from her excellent translation of the new WTD rules and regs :

LucyR:
Chunk One - “Working Time” or What Can We Do and How Long For?
This bit starts off by lulling you into a cosy (but false) sense of security by making two very simple and unambiguous statements. I know…I nearly fell off my chair with amazement too!
Unfortunately, this apparent turning over of a new Plain English leaf does not last…and the rest of the section has to be deciphered with the aid of the Draft Guidance if it is to be of any use at all.
Here’s what I extracted from it:

1. The most work[/b] you can do in any one week is 60 hours.
    2) The average amount of work, when you look at it over a Reference Period of so many hours (I’m getting to that bit) , must be no more than 48 hours a week.
    [/quote]
    What is defined as work ?
    Does this maximum 60 hours of week include POA’s or not ?
    For example, can I have a total of 60hrs driving and other work in one week plus an additional, say, 5 hours of POA’s on top, hence meaning I’ve actually done a 65hr week or is 60 hours per week the absolute maximum total number of hours[/b] you can do.
    If that 60hr max doesn’t include POA’s then as someone has said elsewhere, just leave your tacho mode switch on POA all the time and carry on as normal :slight_smile: .
    Who can clarify ?

laybybobb:
Does this maximum 60 hours of week include POA’s or not ?

The short answer is NO.

The 60 hours is Working Time, so POA’s and Breaks are not included in the 60 hours.

Has anything changed? For a lot of people, No. Just a responsibility to record activities in greater detail.