Holidays affecting WTD

based on 26 weeks!

if i take two weeks off during the period, does that mean that i still count my hours over 26 weeks (including 2 weeks holiday) and divide by 26 to get my average?

or do i count 28 weeks and divide it by 26?

A simple one.

For each week you take off (5 days) you count as 48 hours Working Time, and then divide the total by 26 to get an average.

Any Holiday taken as single days each count as 8 hours towards Working time.

thats a con. if you are on holiday, you are not working so how can they justify adding 8 hours to your working time for each day that you are not at work?

besides, not every day totals 8 hours working time. i have done quite a few 6 hour days on the bin wagons before.

getting screwed again :imp:

i assume days off ill are treated the same way?

scanny77:
i assume days off ill are treated the same way?

Yes.

But think about it the other way. Would you like to have your Holiday dates dictated to you according to how busy you had been in the previous weeks, and probably at short notice.

I certainly wouldn’t.

i thought the easy way to do it would be take a week off every quarter or 2 every 6 months depending on whether you are working with the 17 or 26 week periods.

technically speaking, i could get a full time job and do agency work for my 4 week holidays without affecting my working time providing i did not exceed 40 hours work within a 5 day holiday. is that right?

scanny77:
technically speaking, i could get a full time job and do agency work for my 4 week holidays without affecting my working time providing i did not exceed 40 hours work within a 5 day holiday. is that right?

I’d say NO. because although you may only work 40 hours you have to include the 48 (assuming it’s a full week of holiday) of the holiday smoothing hours as well giving you a weekly total of 88 hours. Of course if you are entitled to more than the statutary 20 days then any time above that 20 days does not count in the total working hours calculation for your average. I hope this is clear as I have read this back 3 times and am struggling to make this less complex■■?

scanny77:

No…because if your normal contractual week is 5 days, then the 5 days holiday counts for a full 48 hours.

if i go and stack shelves in tesco. life becomes easier right? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: