Larry Pilgrim

I have received this e-mail- unfortunately without the e-mail addrress he registered from we haven’t been able to pin down the forum account , if you can help with this please PM me
I

tried to log on with what I thought was my husbands user name but I must have got it wrong. His name was Larry Pilgrim and he was the white ghost or spooky wooky. He came from the Southampton area but we also lived in Crewe for 4 years. He worked for a few different firms and did the continent for 18+ years. I am sure there are quite a few drivers who knew him and haven’t heard of his death. He died on 21st February aged 59. If you could post this for me I would be grateful.

He was no saint but he always helped anyone out if he could and I know he will be remembered as a fun loving person. He is survived by myself,3 children,8grandchildren and 6 greatgrandchildren and many friends.

And please all you drivers out there take great care of youselves.Go to the doctors if you need to don’t be all macho. Unfortunately Larry had a fairly rare lung problem which was incurable in the end.

I will miss the diesel fumes and the crack
god bless and KEEP ON TRUCKING.

Marion is going to register on here in her on right, we wlil leave this post on here for folks to pay their respects then move it to the memorial forum to join other past members

Good night Larry and god speed

Rip larry !

Driving today i was thinking what would happen if i ended up in aan accident. My girlfriend knows i go on this site but wouldnt know kerbdog at all. If something happened to me then id like people to know on here as i regard myself as a very competent driver just like the rest of us here…but ya nevet know in this dangerous job.

When i started trucking an old guy said to me when i was 21…‘my advice to you is that ever job from firemen to the army have a set of rules they work to, truck driving you work with thousands of people who all have their own rules’. How wise he was !

Anyway. In my wallet is my username and my wish to let people know if the worst happens to me in the line of duty. Morbid, i know. In the end though it may serve for a good purpose.

Not morbid - thoughtful.

R.I.P.

This is a place where we are not just a number but a someone a human, yeah we banter sometimes some fall out and make up in the next thred but hey that’s life. We wouldn’t all be on here if we didn’t want to feel part of something,like we matter.
So R.I.P Larry go safe up there fella.

akaday:
This is a place where we are not just a number but a someone a human, yeah we banter sometimes some fall out and make up in the next thred but hey that’s life. We wouldn’t all be on here if we didn’t want to feel part of something,like we matter.
So R.I.P Larry go safe up there fella.

Amen. R.I.P Drive. :cry:

RIP - fair point about the docs - didnt follow up myself and had a heart attack - take care of yourselves because someone will miss you

Rip

59 is bloody young to have a major failure of a body part. RIP drive, I didn’t know you but it’s stories like this that scare the ■■■■ out of me.

My missus knows that my life insurance is pretty good, so at least she’ll be financially taken care of after I pass - better than whilst I’m alive :open_mouth:

Very sad. :frowning:

He must have spent some considerable time on the site for his wife to think about trying to log into his account. Could you not identify the member from the IP address she is using (assuming it is the same one that he used)?

RIP Larry and my deepest condolences to those you leave behind.

I did’nt know him, but am saddened to hear of any untimely death, especially as I also am 59. There you go, none of us know the day or the hour.

RIP drive

waynedl:
59 is bloody young to have a major failure of a body part. RIP drive, I didn’t know you but it’s stories like this that scare the [zb] out of me.

My missus knows that my life insurance is pretty good, so at least she’ll be financially taken care of after I pass - better than whilst I’m alive :open_mouth:

The word is ‘If’ ?

RIP.
59 is no age these days.

I have all my user names and pw in an envelope in my safe.
Along with instructions for my funeral, music etc.
I lost my father at 47 and looks like I may be going down the same road.
Life is short, live it while you can. :slight_smile:

harry:

waynedl:
59 is bloody young to have a major failure of a body part. RIP drive, I didn’t know you but it’s stories like this that scare the [zb] out of me.

The word is ‘If’ ?

Not really, it’s the only guarenteed thing in life tbh. More a question of when than if.

All we can hope for is good circumstances and a good innings.

A sad loss indeed. My condolences to Marion and all of Larry’s family.

If I met Larry in my travels we no doubt shared a coffee or a pint.

A sudden occurrence like this once again brings home the thought “What if”? At home or in hospital at least your loved ones are nearby; but “what if” it happens up the road miles from anyone who knows you?

The PDF Next of Kin (NOK) cards are still available and a Stamped addressed envelope to our mailing address will secure you a new/replacement card. Fill it in, slip it in your wallet and you will always have a contact number with you…

Professional Drivers Foundation
c/o 8 Cheltenham Road East,
Gloucester,
GL3 1AE

RIP Larry

Condolences to his family and friends.

thoughts & prayers go out to family & friends, “stay between the lines drive”

My sincere condolences to Marion and the family.

Being Southampton based and a trucker for 30 odd years chances are I may have bumped into Larry a few times. Such a sad loss of life at a young age.

RIP Larry.

I worked from Southampton until a few years ago so unsure if I’ve ever met Larry,

May you R.I.P. Larry.

Tiger.