Ken (Keelman) Vasey

Ken (Keelman) Vasey passed away last week, After a short illness. The family requested that it was not posted on here until after the funeral which occurred today, and I was honoured to attend.

Ken was as a steadfast supporter of these forums and more, became a friend to myself and my family.

A decent , honest man who will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

At this years Truckfest there will be a donation box as per Kens wishes to raise money for the RNLI and Help for Heroes

Have passed my condolancies via another site to Angie & Family.
I first met Ken during Johns incarcaration, and his efforts to both gain Johns freedom, while also supporting the family were typical of Ken, who put others before self.
A sad loss to all who had the pleasure of meeting Ken.
RIP mate.

rip ken

Thanks Rikki, Lucy & all TNUK members for respecting Dads wishes.

We had a very memorable and quite enjoyable, despite the circumstances, day yesterday.

As Rikki has said, there will be a donation box for at this years Truckfest for the RNLI & Help for Heros

regards

John Vasey

RIP ken, seems to be a lot of decent blokes making that final journey recently, at least he’ll be in good company.

Many thanks

As has ben said there will be a donation box at truckfest this year as Dad was a supporter of both the RNLI & Help for Heros

RIP Dad ( ang vasey )

Hi John and Ang,

As you know, I had the honour of meeting your Dad.

I will remember him as a man of great honesty and integrity who would quite unselfishly go out of his way to help and advise people.
I can say without fear of contradiction that he will be missed by many, including me.

My thoughts go to your Mum, Ang, yourself and the rest of your family at this time.

R.I.P. Ken.

Very sorry indeed, to hear that another Trucknet stallwart has passed away.

Too many have slipped away over the past few months…

R.I.P. to Keelman and condolences to all his family and friends.

LoadsOfHorses:
Very sorry indeed, to hear that another Trucknet stallwart has passed away.

Too many have slipped away over the past few months…

R.I.P. to Keelman and condolences to all his family and friends.

Many thanks for the kind words but dad was not a young man anymore ( he may of like to think it at times) :laughing: :laughing: & he did have other health problems as was said on here a few times & then a short illness as Rikki said

im pleased to say i met keelman a couple of times and he was a decent honest man who was happy for a good chat. im sorry he has passed away.

RIP ken

sad news john and ang, R.I.P

rip ken my thoughts with john and ang :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RIP Ken

My deepest condolences to you both John and Ang.

Having just had the passing of what would have been my Mothers 63rd birthday last Monday, the thought of having lost someone close was in my mind this week, so I know how you feel.

I’m guessing he got the type of send off that we North East folk are good at.

Best wishes from an ex Birtley lad.

Ken.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain,.
When you awakenin the mornings hush
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there I did not die.

I hope you don’t mind Ang and John but I found these words in one of your Dads’ posts when another passed away. I hope they bring you some comfort and remind you of the old man. My deepest sympathy to your family.

Kenny

RIP Ken Gone but will never be forgotten
My deepest condolences to all

I promised Ang that I would raise a glass of whisky for Ken , and that I did Ang . Condolences to your family x

shade:
I promised Ang that I would raise a glass of whisky for Ken , and that I did Ang . Condolences to your family x

Dad would have thoroughly approved, he was very keen on his Malts and my Brother and I are keeping up the tradition :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile:

shade:

I kept the same promise.

zebadee:

shade:

Dad would have thoroughly approved, he was very keen on his Malts and my Brother and I are keeping up the tradition :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile:

So am I & my son :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: