Johnnie Trotter aka sammyoposite

Hello lads.
I just heard today that an old friend of mine Johnnie Trotter aka sammyoposite died in hospital in Sheffield on 8th July.He was a big contributor on here,especially on the subject of tankers and Pickfords,who his dad,Jock worked for in Sheffield.

RIP Johnnie me old pal.

Johnnies funeral Tuesday 19 3.30 woodcliff R.I.P. Mate

Sad news. Last October he wrote to me offering copy access to his flickr collection, a kind gesture indeed.
RIP Johnnie.
Oily

Sorry to hear this sad news Chris , another sensible and well informed contributor we have lost , condolencies to his family .

Devastated , I got to know johnnie through trucknet and always enjoyed the derbyshire/yorkshire banter with him .top bloke , irreplaceable . sincere condolences to brenda and family . dave

Thats tragic news…i used to frequently exchange e mails with Johnnie…
My sincere condolences to Brenda and family…may he RIP…

mappo:
Thats tragic news…i used to frequently exchange e mails with Johnnie…
My sincere condolences to Brenda and family…may he RIP…

Like Mappo I was in regular touch with him, I’d been trying to get him on Skype for a couple of weeks, thought he was just on holiday…lovely man to talk to, had many a long chat with him…one of the old school. I will miss him…another good old boy gone…R.I.P… :cry:

My sincere condolences to the family, a great loss.
Haven’t met Johnnie in the flesh, but we got to know each other via TK and FB where he shared some info and stories about his time with Pickfords…

r.i.p. old friend…

Patrick

Very sad news always on these threads and a tanker man at heart, his input will be missed RIP old mate and condolences to the family Buzzer.

Another good one gone. RIP Johnnie

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

RIP

Only got told today about Johnnie sad news, condolences to his family, another old school goodfella gone
R.I.P. Johnnie.
Jimski.

Such a wonderful contributor to this forum. Sorry to see him go. A true Scammell man to the last and a true gentleman on these threads. Robert

Another TNUK character has left us, sad news indeed ! I am sorry to hear the news as Johnnie was a great craic! My condolences to his family Kind Regards Dennis Smith.

Very sad news!!! R I P. Sincere condolences to his family. Regards Kevmac. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I enjoyed his input…always interesting and seemed like a good old boy.

Safe trip old fella.

Condolences to his family,very sad news indeed R.I.P Johnnie.

Sammyoposite ..jpg

Condolences to Johnnie’s family. He gave us many a chuckle on here. RIP, pal.

RIP Johnnie

Oh dear, more very sad news and another knowledgeable contributor gone. Sincere condolences to Johnnie’s wife and family.