Big Al. AKA Alan Sleight R.I.P

Alan Sleight AKA Trucknet member Big Al sadly passed away today.
R.I.P Big Al. My sincere condolences to his family.

Dave.

Spoke to Big Al a few times at different shows very sad news indeed R.I.P driver condolences to his family

Big Al’s Truck Stop. well worth a look at his site plenty of photos and stories.

428f6360.jpg

RIP Big Al.

A very sad day and a huge loss, my thoughts are with Alans family at this very sad time. RIP big fella…

Only ‘knew’ him from here. Always came over as a thoroughly good and knowledgeable person.R.I.P and condolences to the family.

RIP Big Al.

rip alan worked with him years ago on the pipelines good bloke

RIP Big Al, a nice guy I always gave him a toot and a wave on my way down the M6 nr. Preston as he was often on the bridge taking photo’s, RIP also to his wife Linda who passed away a few days before him .

RIP Al.
Thanks for looking after D417
Condolences to family.

I never met Alan in person but through Trucknet we exchanged photos, anecdotes and Christmas cards over the years. He and my brother met up at a couple of the truck shows around the North West and they got on very well together.
R.I.P. Big Al and Linda the Silver Fox.

It was Big Al’s stories and photos that first introduced me to Trucknet and encouraged me to join. Wish I had met him.
RIP my Internet friend. You leave a rich legacy and fond memories. Jim.

RIP Big Al, a true lorry man.

RIP Big Al, condolences to your family. I met him twice, a very knowledgeable and interesting man. He will be missed on TNUK. Regards Kev.

R I P Big Al,never met you,but a facebook friend for a good while,your photos and comments will be missed.Thank You

RIP big Al
I never met you but enjoyed your posts and website

Alan was well known in the preservation scene owning several lorries of his own.

I first met Alan about 16 or 17 years ago and usually caught up with him at various rallies for a good chat. Thanks to the likes of Trucknet and Facebook we stayed in contact.

He was a giant of a man, but a very gentle man. I know that in recent years his health hasn’t been good but that gave him time to pursue his truck spotting/photography hobby. Anyone who has driven the M6 up near Preston will probably have been photographed by Alan. His many Facebook friends always seemed to enjoy his ‘Coffee, Canon & Archie’ check ins at Durton Lane bridge over the M6. (Archie was his truck spotting dog!) He was out most days and we were regularly treated to a wide variety of perfect pictures.

Alan’s death was a double tragedy for his family. His wife Linda passed away only the week before.

My condolences go out to the Sleight family at this very sad time.

A true Gentleman !!!

So sorry to read of Alans sudden death and also Linda the previous week, I always enjoyed a chat with him at the Long Haul Club and wherevere we met at truck rallies. Mycondolences to his family at this sad time. RIP Alan.

Leyland 600.

RIP Big Al, my condolences to all family and friends.

Regards
Dave Penn;

very sorry