Age limit Canada

Hello.
Is there an (upper) age limit for people who want to emigrate to Canada??

Cheers, Geoffo.

Move up to Scandinavia,there’s loads of English,Belgians and Dutch who have made the move for a better 'quality of life’and its EU so less bureaucracy. :smiley: ,and theres plenty of snow and mozzies.

If you’re rich - No.
If’ you’re poor and “semi” (read - non skilled) immigrant like truck driver or something like that then I think it was 35. After this age you’re not attractive to anyone - they don’t see much “meat on a bone” left (not many years of slavery left) but of course system is not discriminatice in such a brutal way, they are way more tolerant and simply in the evaluation form you loose to many points due to age… I think it was like up to 30 you gain points, per year until 30 - positive number and after 30 you don’t get any points for any years so have to compensate with something else…

But there always might be a loophole, you can do business visas or some other professions, maybe mobile crane driver or machinery operator or something like that - there are always many ways we don’t know… after all there are many 40+ Ukrainians hanging in the ropes in Toronto cleaning windows… they are old, and they are in Canada so there must be a way… :slight_smile:

kyk:
If you’re rich - No.
If’ you’re poor and “semi” (read - non skilled) immigrant like truck driver or something like that then I think it was 35. After this age you’re not attractive to anyone - they don’t see much “meat on a bone” left (not many years of slavery left) but of course system is not discriminatice in such a brutal way, they are way more tolerant and simply in the evaluation form you loose to many points due to age… I think it was like up to 30 you gain points, per year until 30 - positive number and after 30 you don’t get any points for any years so have to compensate with something else…

But there always might be a loophole, you can do business visas or some other professions, maybe mobile crane driver or machinery operator or something like that - there are always many ways we don’t know… after all there are many 40+ Ukrainians hanging in the ropes in Toronto cleaning windows… they are old, and they are in Canada so there must be a way… :slight_smile:

Kyk, age limit of 35 ?
Total bullshine, I came here at 44, in fact I’d guess a good 60/70% are over 40 and many many in their 50’s.
A mate came to BC last summer on a TWP and he’s 54.
What is this points system for getting a TWP with an LMIA ?

No age limit on temporary work permit but the province will have a limit on applying for pr, its 55 or 60 in maritimes. Companies are pretty desperate for drivers so even if you won’t qualify to stay you’ll have plenty ready to hire you for a couple of years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.
I wouldn’t be going there to drive, but I would need to do something maybe part-time.
I have American citizenship ( also Belgian), but don’t fancy going back to the U.S. to live.
Just trying to find out where the next road’s going to take me.

Geoffo:
Thanks for the replies.
I wouldn’t be going there to drive, but I would need to do something maybe part-time.
I have American citizenship ( also Belgian), but don’t fancy going back to the U.S. to live.

Apart from coming here on holiday for up to 6mths, which you could do in principal, I don’t think you’d get in any other way. There are no TWP’s or Visa’s for part time work especially if you haven’t got a trade behind you.

neilg14:

Geoffo:
Thanks for the replies.

Apart from coming here on holiday for up to 6mths, which you could do in principal, I don’t think you’d get in any other way. There are no TWP’s or Visa’s for part time work especially if you haven’t got a trade behind you.

Thanks for the info Neil.

I’m putting some goals/ plans into action at the moment. Hence while I’m asking the question about age (I’m nearly 52).

Age limit is 45, I was going a few years ago, I was 44 at the time and was advised by my sponsor / potential employer I was leaving it really late. Once accepted and in Canada there’s no issues

there’s no age limit i did it when i was 54, 10 years ago, didn’t stay long, but have moved back now i’m retired, great place to live but not to work in my opinion.

Dieseldog66:
there’s no age limit i did it when i was 54, 10 years ago, didn’t stay long, but have moved back now i’m retired, great place to live but not to work in my opinion.

Hi Cliff. Well done on the retirement and emigrating. I have another 7/8 years yet. I’m thinking of spending my winters here in Florida and summer back in Wales.
This work thing is a real bind! Mind you I just had five weeks off to recover from a new hip (injury) not old age and was lost. Looks as if retirement could take some getting used to!

Good luck, Paul

Dieseldog66:

Have to agree cams here at 59 was lucky got job doing local work. Did 6 years retired now as you say great to live not so to work.