Did you miss me?

That’s a rhetorical question lol.

So, I’ve been a busy boy lately, first of all I left Penner to do something different, I still have my other truck on there, it’s a very good company to pull for, but 5yrs running back n forth on the TCH was more than enough for me.

I also made a few changes to the mighty Pete.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I also got rid of the POS Volvo and replaced it with this.

I’m running back south again, I took a load of transformers out to Connecticut on my first trip and picked up the Dozer in Pennsylvania on the way back, dropped that in Winnipeg and picked up the aluminium under the tarp. That was a baptism of fire, I haven’t tarped in 10yrs and it was minus stupid that day, the tarp was as stiff as the aluminium it was covering and it was a pure illegitimate child to fold back up again!

That went to Minnesota and I reloaded the first of the quadtrack tractors for Virden MB, 11’ wide and 30ton before you add anything useful to a farmer. I had to drive that off myself, best fun I’ve had in years, so many computer screens inside to control it, but it had pedals and a steering wheel, so not as difficult as I first thought. It had 700hp and is the most powerful thing I’ve ever driven.

The next mission was a used John Deere combine to Baltimore docks for export to Kazakhstan via Antwerp, I drove that off the trailer and around the docks to the staging area, again it had a steering wheel and pedals, so it was a piece of ■■■■, the vision in one is incredible, especially through the mirrors which are convex and a million times better than the flat glass ones on the trucks here.

I swapped that for a brand new combine made by New Holland and dropped that off in Killarney MB, the wheels and crate of other important stuff went on a regular flat bed as I was already on an overweight permit and the wheels had to come off to keep the weight, width and height down.

From there I ran empty back to the yard in Altona añd picked up another quadtrack to go to Meadow Lake SK, I didn’t have to drive this off as the young kid at the dealer was chomping at the bit to play in it. Next stop was Vegreville AB to pick up the plough type device I’ve got on now, it’s 12’ wide and almost 15’ tall and heading for North Dakota, which is currently closed due to a blizzard, so I may go via home and get it off on Monday as I don’t fancy spending a weekend in a one horse town up to my armpits in snow drifts.

newmercman:
I’m running back south again, I took a load of transformers out to Connecticut on my first trip and picked up the Dozer in Pennsylvania on the way back, dropped that in Winnipeg and picked up the aluminium under the tarp. That was a baptism of fire, I haven’t tarped in 10yrs and it was minus stupid that day, the tarp was as stiff as the aluminium it was covering and it was a pure illegitimate child to fold back up again!

That went to Minnesota and I reloaded the first of the quadtrack tractors for Virden MB, 11’ wide and 30ton before you add anything useful to a farmer. I had to drive that off myself, best fun I’ve had in years, so many computer screens inside to control it, but it had pedals and a steering wheel, so not as difficult as I first thought. It had 700hp and is the most powerful thing I’ve ever driven.

The next mission was a used John Deere combine to Baltimore docks for export to Kazakhstan via Antwerp, I drove that off the trailer and around the docks to the staging area, again it had a steering wheel and pedals, so it was a piece of ■■■■, the vision in one is incredible, especially through the mirrors which are convex and a million times better than the flat glass ones on the trucks here.

I swapped that for a brand new combine made by New Holland and dropped that off in Killarney MB, the wheels and crate of other important stuff went on a regular flat bed as I was already on an overweight permit and the wheels had to come off to keep the weight, width and height down.

From there I ran empty back to the yard in Altona añd picked up another quadtrack to go to Meadow Lake SK, I didn’t have to drive this off as the young kid at the dealer was chomping at the bit to play in it. Next stop was Vegreville AB to pick up the plough type device I’ve got on now, it’s 12’ wide and almost 15’ tall and heading for North Dakota, which is currently closed due to a blizzard, so I may go via home and get it off on Monday as I don’t fancy spending a weekend in a one horse town up to my armpits in snow drifts.

A fine looking motor! Thanks for sharing your travels.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Ps
We did miss you. [emoji4]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Was wondering where the dinosaur had gone , good to see things working out fella though working with Cooperman could be dodgy . One less Pike cluttering up the roads too , win win . Stay safe and enjoy the tarping :laughing:

jsutherland:
Ps
We did miss you. [emoji4]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

you’ll make me blush lol. I’m planning to do some LDDs in the future, now I’m doing something worth writing about.

flat to the mat:
Was wondering where the dinosaur had gone , good to see things working out fella though working with Cooperman could be dodgy . One less Pike cluttering up the roads too , win win . Stay safe and enjoy the tarping [emoji38]

There’s blokes on here that haven’t had to tarp a load in years, I get one on my second trip out ffs! I think they were testing me out to see what I was made of, new guy with no low loader experience and all that.

Can you still attach towing hooks to that ‘bulldozer’ bumper newmercman ? Gord from Quiring towing chewed a driver out for having a bumper like that but no way to attach the towing hooks on 'Highway thru hell" :confused:

highly impressive kit and pics.
obviously well suited to the job with big enough roads.
not exactly specced up for rdc work in the uk,but a defffo a total gruntmobile all the same.

I hope you get a lot more luck with the Pete than my mate at Trappers.
I think he managed to go a full week back in November without any problems or visits to a dealership.
He’s got the Breakdown number on Friends & Family on his phone now and if he hasn’t broke down, he’s rescuing a load off another one that has.

remy:
Can you still attach towing hooks to that ‘bulldozer’ bumper newmercman ? Gord from Quiring towing chewed a driver out for having a bumper like that but no way to attach the towing hooks on 'Highway thru hell" :confused:

Yes mate, those proper moose bumpers have tow hooks, it’s the “rabbit bumpers” that use the tow hook slots as their mounting point that cause difficulties.

Neil, a new truck is a gamble, but I know of very few people that have had issues with the Paccar lump, a couple of people I know run multiple units and some are approaching a million miles now and they’ve never had them apart. Sure they’ve had things go wrong, what truck doesn’t, but overall they’re ok.

If it turns out to be a dog, I’ve got three options, trade it in, delete it or set it on fire!

Wow…hold on WOW …I think I’m gunna collapse in shock again,…I now truly believe that elvis may be alive and when Theresa May says “let me be clear” it will be true

Why may you ask ? After several years of being away from this forum… and not ever picking up a copy of truck news in fear of more Volvo propaganda diatribe from the man who says tomato…I now see

i) he drives arguably the best looking truck ever made
ii) he admitted and rid himself of the truck industry equivalent of the disposable cup …a Volvo

Let’s hope this revelation gets published in aforementioned journal.

Well done on making the road travel and traffic a bit more interesting

I think we have a mutual friend. He drives a Volvo out of Washington State for Anker. (The jokes have already been done to death) :smiley:

rsg1234567:
Wow…hold on WOW …I think I’m gunna collapse in shock again,…I now truly believe that elvis may be alive and when Theresa May says “let me be clear” it will be true

Why may you ask ? After several years of being away from this forum… and not ever picking up a copy of truck news in fear of more Volvo propaganda diatribe from the man who says tomato…I now see

i) he drives arguably the best looking truck ever made
ii) he admitted and rid himself of the truck industry equivalent of the disposable cup …a Volvo

Let’s hope this revelation gets published in aforementioned journal.

Well done on making the road travel and traffic a bit more interesting

A disposable cup, the perfect analagy. Good at its job for a short time and then completely useless. Volvo in a nutshell.

The pages of Canadian truck magazines are now free of my ramblings for that very reason, I’m not allowed to tell the truth in case it upsets Volvo and their advertising budget.

Here’s a shot of my current mission, I’ve wanted to have a play in one of those giant Tonka toys since my fleet comprised of the smaller versions, so I can’t wait to unload this.

Fabulous photos…a bit curious why you never fitted a herd or equivalent to the front to finish it off/ add more protection.

Sorry to learn about the truck news gig, I assume and hope that was in jest, I did actually enjoy your scribes and despite the risk of boosting your ego further, it was the first page I turned to.

I’m out the trucking game now, worked the oil patch till it went so sadly wrong and became unsustainable. I love that job too…driving a similar Pete to yours ( it had a herd on the front though) and with a 500 paccar.

It gave no major problems at all despite being driven very fast & hard and bouncing around off road at times to reach pipelines. If my advice is worth anything, I’m no real mechanic btw, it had been fitted from new with a insulated jacket around the Def tank and associated pipework to prevent freezing issues in minus silly temps. I always felt safer in the Pete than any other truck and it pretty much always got the job done, and in style might I add - I do believe you can’t put a $ value to job pride/ satisfaction.

When the oil gig went south, I could not not find a job that got even close to matching it on many fronts, pay/ equipment/ time off etc…even though it was hard work at at times in brutal conditions. I gunna whisper this now to prevent the hate…I landed a government job…bizzarly on the back of many years ago finding a degree certificate freely being handed out at a university…

My current job involves travel, albeit in a govt impala not a Pete, I sometimes hanker a stint behind the wheel hence why I’m visiting this site again and maybe truckin through others…although after watching youtubers “trucker Jay” and “Luke c” et al …perhaps I chose a good time to take a bow.

Im sure the Searcy job will work out, wow you are a busy bee… I think they are owned by bison now which is probably why. It sure sounds like you are make a better go of it than that Russian chap serge dratschev. …he seems to make 0 money out the game and spends most of his time living in super 8s waiting for the elusive perfect loads…

Keep up posting the eye candy…hopefully the duck will come out of retirement and proudly make a return to your hood too …

Oh just one further point, I wonder, did you once work for driver hire in the uk? I’m sure we must have crossed paths… because it appears you trusted your one “lucky” strap to hold that combine on…(and it had a twist) or else you must have an astonishing faith in the almighty …

Purely in the interests of ensuring the future free flow of traffic, particularly in the SK area, I’d be more than happy to contribute to buy you an extra strap, just incase you lose said strap and perhaps find yourself relying on a ball of string next time…

BTW I’m only jealous lol

It looks like he’s got chains over both axles, I’m sure the strap is just keeping the tin work , that opens up when it’s working, from blowing away.

tvdriver:
It looks like he’s got chains over both axles, I’m sure the strap is just keeping the tin work , that opens up when it’s working, from blowing away.

Don’t be so sure…check out the pic with the red tractor thing on the back, it looks like someones been running without a fuel filler cap on to me…or its feasible he was chatting up the girl (or guy don’t want to discriminate in any way here) who was working the till, and let the hose pop out possibly…good job he is self employed…

BTW, I know he is the king of sharp wit and will take it in good fun…hopefully that is …hmmmmm, better get my coat ready just in case and focus more on the reality of driving an impala for a living…it is quite a big sized car though to be fair…