Moving to Norway

Hey all, I am moving to Kristiansand, Norway at the end of next month with the good lady who is Norwegian and has a full time job. I have been looking online at finn.no and various trucking companies Facebook pages. I have noticed a lot tend not to be actively recruiting or not posting vacancies online. Is it common to go around chapping doors to find work?

How willing are Norwegian trucking companies to recruit foreign drivers who don’t yet know the language (I have just starting learning the basics)?

30 year old with 5 years C+E driving experience in general haulage, containers and store deliveries.

theres a few scandinavian guys on here to advise you though they are probably still unconscious from too much egg nog.
itl be similar to sweden where its full of taliban but get yourself up north to the mines where you can work 2 weeks on the card, and get paid for 4 weeks,plus you can drive the mine tippers on site for an extra 2 weeks wages off card.
mega money but a bit like working on the rigs.
great wages run parrallel to a bit more expensive to live.
find someone in sweden and anytime your going there fill your truck with nappies and flog them in sweden as the difference in value is vast.

If i can help with info pm me.

What kind of work are you looking for? If it’s long trips you’re after, Miniekspress Termo in Stokke is looking for drivers to drive the 25m rigs up to Tromsø and back. Nowadays you’d be hard pressed to find a bigger company in Norway not hiring drivers who at least speak fluent english and show eagerness to learn the language.

2500 mile round trip?
how long does that take the proper ice rod truckies?

Shouldn’t take long,many of their trucks go via Sweden up to Tromsö.

It’s not a good fit as in you won’t make the round trip on six cards, about three and a half days each way, transiting Sweden and Finland.

I was offered a job a few years ago in Arendal with Midstol transport (www.midtstoel.no) who run VERY nice gear. The boss is Rune and like most Norwegians he speaks fluent English. I had nothing but bad luck with Norwegian companies but often work up there for the Danes on wind turbine transport. It depends on what kind of work you’re looking for I suppose…