LMI’A

Will there ever be a demand for drivers in Canada again , like there was 15 years ago I think one of the first companies where Yanke out of Saskatoon to import drivers followed by many others , there is a current programme in the Maratimes to Bring in drivers .

Doubtful , most pilots nowadays seem to be of the Taliban variety , gets quite scary out there trying to avoid their unexpected antics and lack of road sense . You had your chance , should have stuck with it fella rather than bailing out , you’d be home and dry by now .

Lots of companies had job fairs in Europe this year. Agritel, Bison, Gladstone Transfer, Searcy Trucking to name a few.

The opportunities are still there.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

So it’s not just in Ireland or the U.K. that the Term Taliban is used to describe a wagon driver or diesel mule , yes I had a chance but that was long before Brexit came Around so I would give it a second chance if I get on the Horse Again .

newerceman how do you find out about these job fairs I’ve also read somewhere that The Maratimes has a scheme up and running that doesn’t require an LMI’A as such Atlantic skilled worker programme .

I think I saw a link on a Facebook group, I also know a bloke that has just come over again for a second crack of the whip. The MB companies involved are all part of a joint scheme with MBPNP, so it’s a fast track to PR compared to LMIA. I don’t know much about the Maritimes, Robinhood is your man over that way.

chef sauce:
newerceman how do you find out about these job fairs I’ve also read somewhere that The Maratimes has a scheme up and running that doesn’t require an LMI’A as such Atlantic skilled worker programme .

The job fair last year and the year before were on here months before it happened.
Give Bison or Agritel a call and see if they know if or when there will be another one.

hi chef sauce one over here in prince edward island is bulk carriers decent tackle reefer work but have to put up with tough conditions but now they saying you have your p.r. in 6/8 mths took me four yrs .lovely place to live tho i now work out of toronto but wouldnt live there. bulk carriers/seafood express /would grab ya in a minute .

Here ya go, here’s the details of a job fair in London next month.
workingin-events.com/truck- … ent-in-uk/

gd luck with that lot stay away :smiley:

Are you kidding Steve? You recommended Bulk Carriers and they have one of, if not the worst reputation in the whole of Canada.

yes mercmam i know but im trying to help him with advice where to live and i know both companies .but basically there all the same its down to the individual everyones different and theese days even bulk carriers are getting a bit more driver friendly even tho im no fan but anyway il opt out only trying to help

Steve, what is the best way of getting that PR in Maritimes after 6 months, what’s the process like?

I guess you first need to find an employer willing to sponsor you, goung the TWP route first, or is it more similar to how it is being done in Manitoba, where yiu straight away go into PNP, only it seems the waiting time so much shorter in the Maritimes, am I right?

yes m8 they saying in pei now 6mths from ariving u have and the likes of bulk carriers set up job retest and your pr

Hi Steve
So, how would you go about it if you wanted to go there and get that PR within 6 months?
Would you be willing to describe it in clear steps, as you are there on the ground so you know more than we do over here?
Would the company that you start working with be asking you to sign some lenghtly contract as it is in case in Manintoba? That people still need to sign 2 years contracts, no matter how soon you get your PR?
Do you still need to look for a company that would sponsor you, or would you somehow first to apply to the respective provincial government?

Thanks

Standard practice when a company puts you through the class one test, is that they’re going to insist you stay for a specified period and that you will have to pay them back on a sliding scale if you leave sooner.

The 6month time scale quoted is not going to be for PR itself, but for PR nominations. The process takes two years from start to finish on average (check out their website for current processing times) it’s a federal government department and there is no such thing as a fast track unless you are extremely wealthy and/or famous.

Look back over some of the older threads here, there have been a few people that thought they had a shortcut to PR, in every case it didn’t work. You put your application in and you wait, if you’re single with nothing that needs further documentation, you may get processed sooner, but in 99% of cases you will wait up to two years before you are a permanent resident.

Yes, I was hoping Steve would come over to reply to your post NMM, letting us know all the details, but maybe he is just busy.
It sounds a little too easy, considering in Manitoba employers that bring drivers from abroad, and put them straight onto PNP, still demand you sign a 2 years contract with them.
Would companies in the Maritimes be bringing drivers over and letting them go after 6 months of employment?
hmmmm…

I can only comment American companies advertising for drivers in the UK. I worked for Schneider Transport who started another division called Schneider National (SNI) who were desperate for drivers in the eight’s so advertised in the UK. I met a couple of Irish lads running team at a fuel stop and was looking forward to a chat but they had to get going, no time for a coffee. The lad said they ran the balls off them but thought it was worth it to stay in the USA but i heard later that not many were able to stay after a period of time. Sad to say but i think SNI just used them to get the most amount of miles out of them they could then when their visas were up kicked them out of the truck so they had to go back home.

There was a letter in a UK trucking mag from an English driver who had come to the US on one of these deals by another big haulier and he also said it didn’t work out the way they said it would. I’m not saying there all scams but you need to do your homework.

hkloss your right im on the road now mb/sk/ab/bc/ont i dont know situation but in pei /nb it is now 6mths from arriving i personally know a guy moving here in december to new brunswick working for a friend of mine.hes getting pr immidiately and his wife.the companies on pei will do your training pay hrly for couple wks .then do your test and unlike b4 yes you will have pr 6/7 mths thats pei its fact. bulk carriers/seafood express will agree. they will want you for 2yrs to recoup money for training/and getting your app thru for you .if during that time u want to jump ship its easy as long as you have job offer.you just get new work permit with there name on it but remember once your app is in you got to work out of that province till u get pr hope this helps

Once you get PR, there’s no work permit to be changed Steve, you can go anywhere in Canada to work and do any job you can get, so why would you need to stay in province and change your work permit? You sound a little confused here.