USA licence

I have my class 1 is that valid in the USA for work or would I need to resit tests ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The UK LGV licence is not valid, the UK car licence is valid for 30 days. The tests are so easy it’s laughable.

Not sure if you are relocating to the US? If you are, you will first have to get a Learners permit for a car,pass the car test, then get a cdl learners permit then do the truck test , but as with the previous statement, it’s ridiculously easy, the whole process just takes time

tvdriver:
Not sure if you are relocating to the US? If you are, you will first have to get a Learners permit for a car,pass the car test, then get a cdl learners permit then do the truck test , but as with the previous statement, it’s ridiculously easy, the whole process just takes time

You live in Worcester NY, almost a next door neighbor LOL.
If you need a good job I can get you on my company, brilliant pay and conditions, best company driving job in the USA,

Thanks for the offer but I’ve got a great job already. I was out by your company headquarters this week, lovely little town, lots of foodliner around

Pat Hasler:

tvdriver:

If you need a good job I can get you on my company, brilliant pay and conditions, best company driving job in the USA,

Can you get me a green card as well [emoji4][emoji4]

I’ll talk to Trump see what he can do.

I hear that brick layers can get green-cards easy if they wanna locate to the south?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

tvdriver:
I’ll talk to Trump see what he can do.

Top man thanks [emoji6]

Pat Hasler:

tvdriver:

Err no it’s not Pat, but if you’re happy with the job that’s all that matters, horses for courses etc.

I am happy :slight_smile:
Over 80k a year. home every Friday night and a couple of nights during the week, plus an amazing scheme that has paid for countless trips to blighty and a couple of cars :wink:

Hi Pat,not wishing to appear picky but is that 80K a take home.If so excellent,but if not what is in the bank.
I see so much on these sites that people earn vast fortunes,then they say ‘‘thats brutto’’.Lets be honest,who cares what we earn ‘‘brutto’’,its what goes in the bank that we spend.

Franglais:
I hear that brick layers can get green-cards easy if they wanna locate to the south?

^^^^^^^^^
class :smiley: :smiley:

hutpik:
Hi Pat,not wishing to appear picky but is that 80K a take home.If so excellent,but if not what is in the bank.
I see so much on these sites that people earn vast fortunes,then they say ‘‘thats brutto’’.Lets be honest,who cares what we earn ‘‘brutto’’,its what goes in the bank that we spend.

Brutto? Is that before deductions? Top line?

Hi Stevie,yes brutto is top line Before deductions.I get a Little tired when people write and say they earn vast sums,then it turns out that what they actually earn is reduced by up to 4o% due to deductions.The Point i was making is that what you get in the bank '‘after’'deductions is the only really important figure because thats what dictates your standard and quality of Life.

Very true mate. Thanks for that. I learn something new every day :slight_smile:

hutpik:
Hi Stevie,yes brutto is top line Before deductions.I get a Little tired when people write and say they earn vast sums,then it turns out that what they actually earn is reduced by up to 4o% due to deductions.The Point i was making is that what you get in the bank '‘after’'deductions is the only really important figure because thats what dictates your standard and quality of Life.

True it’s what you take home that matters but here in the US some deductions are controlled by the employee such as health and 401K retirement. Someone paying for simple cheap health insurance and not putting money into a 401K savings plan will take home more $$$ Take home pay varies so i think the gross amount figure is the best way to judge what other companies pay, at least over here.

What happens then when you get sick or old.The theory is ok,fill yer bin while you can but with so Little security its not the best option.or is it?.
I worked thoughout my driving Life for a variety of mafia,clowns, crooks and occassional good guys.Thanks to some sort of payment by the '‘good guys’'i now live here with a net monthly pension of ±€2000,so can have a good Life.Idread to Think what i would have if it had all been left to me.

I wasn’t offering this as a way of life, just as a way of comparing what different companies pay before taxes.

hutpik:

Not sure how far I’d agree with that? As Remy says giving a gross figure is a good way of comparing different companies, within any system.

And aren’t Swedes among the most content people? Highly taxed (hence lower take home pay) but with no health, education, or pension worries as that’s looked after by the state? No worries about comparing and swooping between different private health/pension/education providers who all take a wedge of income out in profits and advertising etc.