Anyone working in Spain?

Long shot I know but…

After I´ve got my old C licence back, worked for 4-6 months as a Cat C, then I intend (intend is not always the same as “will” :slight_smile:) to do a CE with Mr Smythe,
THEN i´ma eff off back to sunny Spain where I used to live up to Nov last year.

Anyone got any experience of driving over there? Job market, wages? Licence differences, need to apply here for any changes or there?
ANy websites I can check out? I can speak enough Spanish to understand em, it´s Engrish I have a problem with :laughing:

Thanks

It seems Indeed has a Spanish section. Never knew that.

indeed.es/jobs?q=camionero& … 0&start=10

While it seems that Indeed has some C jobs and some more C+E jobs, none of them state the wages,
apart from 1 paying 1,132 a month for picking up pallets using a flatbed transit.

and another paying between 10 and 14 euros an hour, Class 2, picking up and delivering clothes, bedsheets, linen, from hotels.

No wages shown for any C+E. Hmm, MUST be bad eh?

However, I did find a job driving a mixer truck 5 miles away from the location I want to be in.
I know, I know, it´s not really trucking :smiley: but at least there would be no learning curve as I did that job for years.
Wages are probably ■■■■■ though.

Now to research permits etc.

laters :slight_smile:

steviespain:
Long shot I know but…

After I´ve got my old C licence back, worked for 4-6 months as a Cat C, then I intend (intend is not always the same as “will” :slight_smile:) to do a CE with Mr Smythe,
THEN i´ma eff off back to sunny Spain where I used to live up to Nov last year.

Anyone got any experience of driving over there? Job market, wages? Licence differences, need to apply here for any changes or there?
ANy websites I can check out? I can speak enough Spanish to understand em, it´s Engrish I have a problem with :laughing:

Thanks

That’s me. Spain is nice as a country but the lifestyle in HGV world is not the appropiate for a professional driver. I work there over 3 years and I’m not happy you can’t choose like GB to work only days and night home, 4 on 4 off etc. They threat you like a slave monday go on the road and saturday home wtf. Sometimes sunday go to drive and friday home. They have interests to the business not in they’re drivers. Some companyes push hard and ■■■■ of the hgv worker to make more driving hours and penalty pay the driver, its like been noland transport in uk same is in Spain. Now I am making the way in GB to work there as hgv driver because in your country pay better and the driver is respected not ■■■■■■ off. Worst part too in Spain is the summer between 30 - 40 degrees sweting and sometimes you havent shower well sleep like a piggy. If you want we can talk by whatssap or facebook to tell you more stuff about spanish punishers

Genial, iré a mis clases ahora mismo, pero cuando regrese le enviaré un mensaje. Gracias.

Well, after extensive research, hours of trawling ads online, chatting to my mate in Spain, drinking loads of beer and vodka, reading advice here.
I´ve decided to say ■■■■ it.
I´ll head out there for holidays to visit my daughter.

Thanks cobra47, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Looking to buy a car transporter in Spain for are car business what do I need I know here we have had them in uk an know most of the bits can any one let me know cheers

I wondering if anyone can recommend any companies in Spain that hire English drivers.
I currently do a few weeks in UK then head home.
I would love to remain and work in Spain full time.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mat100871:
I wondering if anyone can recommend any companies in Spain that hire English drivers.
I currently do a few weeks in UK then head home.
I would love to remain and work in Spain full time.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Try Campillo Palmera. I’m going back a few years but they did once upon a time have a few Brits on for them and may still have for all I know.

I only know this because my uncle was seriously considering working for them once upon a time.

campillopalmera.com/en/page … n-nosotros

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk