Different types of immigrants

Everywhere I go I hear abusive or nasty remarks about various immigrants from countries all over the world but find that having an English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh accent brings friendly comments and a lot of questions about my origins
This week I arrived at a customer I have visited in the past many times but it has been about 6 months since my last delivery. I had a 7.00am delivery and pulled up at the gate to press the intercom, I waited for about 5 minutes because I know how irritable the lady in the office can be from hearing her shout at divers sometimes, I pressed the button a second time before she snapped “Yes, do you have a delivery or pick up ?”
“I have a molasses delivery for you” I said, I probably sounded muffled.
“You don’t have an appointment, you will have to reschedule it for tomorrow, call your dispatcher” she snapped.
“Oh right, it say’s 07.00 on my computer”
“Oh wait ! … Is that you Patrick ? You can come in, give us a few minutes to move some vehicles”
I drove into the compound and saw a few cars being moved, I backed on the scales and went in the office, “I am so sorry Patrick, I appologise for my rude comments, would you like a coffee ?”
This is an example of how liked British drivers are here, if I were Mexican or Asian there would have been a different response. It’s not just at this place I get the reaction, at most customers me and the other British driver get the same reaction, so much curiosity about the UK and ‘Do you know my aunt?’ questions LOL

I Think that this is partly down to the individual and how they have tried to fit in with the people\Culture of their chosen country.Whilst at the same time it is true that your origins\ethnicity has a profound affect on your acceptance or lack thereof.

Skin colour has a huge effect, I often hear comments about Indian drivers, I like to point out that I’m also over here stealing Canadian jobs, Canadian women (I’m not) getting free healthcare etc etc, the reply is mostly along the lines of “Yeah but you speak English and don’t blow people up”

Unfortunately the cure for stupid is illegal

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Skin colour has a huge effect, I often hear comments about Indian drivers, I like to point out that I’m also over here stealing Canadian jobs, Canadian women (I’m not) getting free healthcare etc etc, the reply is mostly along the lines of “Yeah but you speak English and don’t blow people up”

Yes, we are also over here stealing Canadian jobs that weren’t being filled by the Canadians, but we would not have been able to come here driving trucks without the necessary experience beforehand.
I see their driving day in, day out especially in a big busy yard and a lot of it is shocking.
How they passed a test is beyond belief.
Everything from dropping trls to ripping doors off on a daily basis and you look at the accidents in Semi’s between Calgary & Vancouver and I’d bet my left nut there’s 70-80% involving them.
It’s not racist, it’s the truth.

It is true, I know a wrecker guy in BC, he is friends with the guy at Columbia Towing who look after the Golden to Revelstoke corridor and he told me there was on average a big truck accident involving death or serious injury and or totalled trucks every 4days throughout 2017. The drivers at fault were predominantly from Asia.

As you say, watching them in a yard is like watching a YouTube video of a chaotic road scene in Calcutta, 3 or 4 trying to back in a door at the same time, lots of air horns, shouting and arm waving, it’s madness.

Ran back in from Piney MB this morning , saw the dinosaur(Steinbach yard) on the way down :laughing: , however coming off the TC at Balgonie there was a black KW T800 pulling a Bison trailer :unamused: driven by one of the new Canadians going around and around the the roundabout , poor sod had probably never seen one and didn’t have a ■■■■■■ clue what to do , managed to slip past and watch him pirouetting in my mirrors oblivious to the confusion he was causing . Almost on par with the guy backing his truck through the lights on Canada Way in Winnipeg the other week cos he’d missed the turn for Sturgeon Rd , no 4 ways , just backing through at 8 in the morning . Yeap , some are very different :imp:
Humboldt , I rest my case .

Hi all, we have the same crap down here in Florida but its Hispanics.
Just a nightmare, at one time it was funny now its dangerous. Miami was bad for horn blowing, now its here in central Florida and its the offenders blowing their horn ffs. Drives me crazy, I’m ready to throw the towel in, the aggro and stress far outweighs the rewards these days.
These dummies take their break on the fuel island, do what they do, which isn’t shower and don’t give a toss. Is it ignorance or stupidity?
In my 30 years in North America I have never seen driving standards as low or bad as nowadays, and that includes 4 wheelers [cars] too.
Florida is not a hands free state, let alone the phone in the ear, the texting and reading of face book whilst driving is just out of control.
No body here as any common sense, not an ounce!
There is a fine around $2400 for using a phone in a commercial vehicle, yet said dummies think its fine to have a phone to their ear and foot on the dashboard whilst sailing down the interstate at 70 mph on cruise control in tractor trailers. Just blows my mind, and is scaring the crap out of me. Road closures were occasional, now it seems like every other day, always a truck and more often than not a ■■■■ behind the wheel.
The Spaniards wanted to conquer the world, they may just achieve it by killing us off in peace time!
And they wonder why nobody respects them.
Doesn’t matter the colour of your skin or accent, you earn it!

Pat Hasler:
Everywhere I go I hear abusive or nasty remarks about various immigrants from countries all over the world but find that having an English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh accent brings friendly comments and a lot of questions about my origins
This week I arrived at a customer I have visited in the past many times but it has been about 6 months since my last delivery. I had a 7.00am delivery and pulled up at the gate to press the intercom, I waited for about 5 minutes because I know how irritable the lady in the office can be from hearing her shout at divers sometimes, I pressed the button a second time before she snapped “Yes, do you have a delivery or pick up ?”
“You don’t have an appointment, you will have to reschedule it for tomorrow, call your dispatcher” she snapped.
“Oh wait ! … Is that you Patrick ? You can come in, give us a few minutes to move some vehicles”
I drove into the compound and saw a few cars being moved, I backed on the scales and went in the office, “I am so sorry Patrick, I appologise for my rude comments, would you like a coffee ?”
This is an example of how liked British drivers are here, if I were Mexican or Asian there would have been a different response. It’s not just at this place I get the reaction, at most customers me and the other British driver get the same reaction, so much curiosity about the UK and ‘Do you know my aunt?’ questions LOL

Are you sure that wasn’t because she knows you have your company CEO on speed dial?

newmercman:
It is true, I know a wrecker guy in BC, he is friends with the guy at Columbia Towing who look after the Golden to Revelstoke corridor and he told me there was on average a big truck accident involving death or serious injury and or totalled trucks every 4days throughout 2017. The drivers at fault were predominantly from Asia.

As you say, watching them in a yard is like watching a YouTube video of a chaotic road scene in Calcutta, 3 or 4 trying to back in a door at the same time, lots of air horns, shouting and arm waving, it’s madness.

Driving round east London is much the same

Rob K:
Are you sure that wasn’t because she knows you have your company CEO on speed dial?

Ha Ha Ha, actually she knows me because the same company owns the boat yard in our village :laughing:

Mirrored situation here in Australia!
Overnight the majority of Drivers are here being hired.
The scam of Immigration,handing out truck Licences to those who only obtained their car Licence back home for their Birthday(Never drove a car in their Life) is criminal.
Queensland Government were letting people with extremely dubious car Licence go to a Driving “School” over the weekend and have a nice shiney MC(Multi-Combination B/Double Licence)
I shudder to see damaged loading docks,Crashes-These can’t be called accidents-by Negligent Drivers from cartain demographics,some defy belief.
I am glad I no longer drive as when the school Buses start getting wiped out the Public just see Truck Driver,
Hit and runs are so common here,Case before the Courts here of a Fatal and Ole Mate went straight to the Airport for a 1 way ticket back home to freedom.
Can’t be extradited-----------As the amount of Trade we do with this Nation is more important to business,
Had to Larf on a job offered to me,part of it was PR repairing all the damage,bad blood etc our new drivers had done to this company,when it got done to the serious part of remuneration I was offered the same $$$$ that everyone happily accepted if we were in 1982.

North east London and down towards the centre of town is starting, no not starting, seems to have now adopted the African style of driving.

Honking at pedestrians even if they have right of way, ignoring crossings, edging out at lights, running red lights.
Totally self centred driving, let me through let me through, get out of my way. Move over because I AM coming through even though I really shroud be waiting.

Painful to watch the decline.
Is it immigrants? Or is it just the New World Order.

It´s ■■■■■ whatever it is.

And it ain´t racist if it´s true! Something that these PC ■■■■■■■■ don´t seem to get.

Pat Hasler:

I am foreign citizen in GB and british people threats me better than guys of my country. I like the women uk accent because is funny and makes me laugh sometimes saying bye hello jajaja

neilg14:

newmercman:

Yes, we are also over here stealing Canadian jobs that weren’t being filled by the Canadians, but we would not have been able to come here driving trucks without the necessary experience beforehand.
I see their driving day in, day out especially in a big busy yard and a lot of it is shocking.
How they passed a test is beyond belief.
Everything from dropping trls to ripping doors off on a daily basis and you look at the accidents in Semi’s between Calgary & Vancouver and I’d bet my left nut there’s 70-80% involving them.
It’s not racist, it’s the truth.

I wouldn’t just say accidents with them, some of them are just plain arrogant and stupid. . . I pulled back onto the highway after stopping for a tire check on top of Rogers pass, I happened to pull behind a couple of our East Indian cousins. All the way from roger to golden, both trucks were travelling together but taking their time about it which I’m not really fussed about as I am a patient person. Anyway, there are a few 4 lane stretches between Rogers and golden so I would just pass them on the 4 lane. Every time we entered a 4 lane stretch, the second truck would hang back and ride the center line to prevent me or anyone else, cars included to overtake. Even if I managed to pull out and get into the other lane, after getting half way past him, he would speed up and take the center line again. I could not believe it! There was probably 2k of traffic behind him and the cars were having to slam on the anchors when the tried to pass as he would pull out on them! Even the single lane straight stretches he would ride the center line. It was only when they stopped in golden to fuel up that I was able to carry on. How they don’t loose their license is beyond me with driving as appalling as that. As said, it’s not racist, it’s the truth.

Film it, send it to whoever, grass em up.

Scraggy88, that’s not unusual behaviour from them, flat out on the straight bits or passing lanes and on the brakes and in the way at every bend. It amazes me that I’m pushing them down the road at 80/90km/h and yet I’m doing 130km/h to get past them. I know that stretch of road pretty well and know where all the passing spots are, so I hang back and time it so that I get a good run at them as soon as a space opens up, I give em a bit of trailer to play with if they try to make it difficult for me, which they often do. After running to BC every week a couple of years ago, I reckon I could drive around Dehli with no problems lol

steviespain:
North east London and down towards the centre of town is starting, no not starting, seems to have now adopted the African style of driving.

Honking at pedestrians even if they have right of way, ignoring crossings, edging out at lights, running red lights.
Totally self centred driving, let me through let me through, get out of my way. Move over because I AM coming through even though I really shroud be waiting.

Painful to watch the decline.
Is it immigrants? Or is it just the New World Order.

It´s [zb] whatever it is.

And it ain´t racist if it´s true! Something that these PC [zb] don´t seem to get.

I work in that area and the standard of driving is shocking.
Africans Pakistanis and Romanians without a clue how to drive and not a bit of consideration for others.
The north circular between becton and Edmonton is like wacky races

kr79:
I work in that area and the standard of driving is shocking.
Africans Pakistanis and Romanians without a clue how to drive and not a bit of consideration for others.
The north circular between becton and Edmonton is like wacky races

I hit that bit of ring road 4 days a week. Nightmare.

It’s a cultural thing, Brits go to Canada to fill jobs that have been unfilled by Canadians and the companies jump through hoops to get them over. They work hard, they adapt and will be adopting the Canadian way of life and most likely (not always) be flying the Canadian flag around, the values and cultures are very similar.

This is not the same for other countries, most of the Asian immigrants are not coming in the same way, they come in via the PNP programs based on familial sponsorship which requires no skills, education or job to go to, they end up in Trucking for whatever reason and most of them have never driven one before arriving. Their attitude is typical of their culture, it’s not the same as western culture, for them it’s acceptable to spend 99.9 % of your waking day talking on the mobile phone to every person on the planet you know and making sure you’re as comfortable as possible while holding the wheel, feet up, flip flops off.

There is very, very little respect for how things are done by the locals, it’s about how they want to do it and nobody in any official capacity will ever address it, so what you end up with is a whole bunch of ■■■■■■ off people who can see what’s really happening and therefore attitudes towards them changes. You only have to switch the CB on at Detroit/Windsor and 365 days a year it’ll be the same thing, moaning about the Asian drivers, same thing for Eastern European drivers around Chicago, their behaviour is almost identical. Hwy 11/17 are disaster zones lately, day after day there’s a big truck crash and we’ve all driven past them or behind them, we know why it’s happening.