Why work for this pay?

Paul John:

remy:
I retired from Wal Mart a couple of months ago after almost 21 years. I was paid 48 cpm and 54 cpm on the weekend but any driver starting now will only get 38 cpm and 44 cpm on weekends. They’re advertising on the radio and the internet and also holding job fairs but have not got drivers stampeding to their front door like they thought they would do. What was a good job has turned to crap.

They will end up giving more work to Swifts, saving even more money.
I refuse to shop at Wal-mart, Sam would turn in his grave if he new what a sell out those sons are. Pity there isn’t a law to put those tossers in jail. They have sent the working girl and guy backwards, no full time hours, no benefits, no future. In Florida they can’t get Americans or any English speaking half educated person to work for them. They cost more American jobs than they will ever create.
Remy, no offence but 48 cpm is average. Most LTL companies are paying 58 to 65 cpm with good working conditions and benefits.
Going back many years now, but Sam always put his drivers first.
Standards are dropping all the time!

Rant over

Paul you called this a rant but it’s true ! Sam did put the drivers first but now they put $$$$$ first and get it wherever they can and most of us think the private fleet will be gone soon so they can turn it over to Swift or another mega carrier.
I’m stopping now before i go on a rant :wink: