Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program or MPNP

Hi all, I’ve been on this path awhile now and I’ve had my MPNP application in for over a mth now, my future employer said it’s a quick process but this is far from quick, my question is; has anyone or does anyone know of someone who has gone through this program because I’m wondering how long immigration are going to keep me hanging on I’d like to know either way so we can get on with our lives, any replies would be appreciated.

Not being funny but nothing moves quickly when it comes to provincial government,and just over a month is no time at all ,and your employer knows best if they thought you wouldn’t get it they would not be wasting money … just wait till you send the paperwork away for your PR when your time comes to federal gov it drags. The government workers are all unionised and do not know the meaning off rush!. Seems to be more than a few drivers coming in ,to flatdeck, grain hopper and a buffalo type animal companies.

Does the MPNP require you to get an LMIA and a temp work visa or do you get to bypass that stage because of of the MPNP??

The MPNP scheme is a Nominee programme and not a sponsored programme like the LMIA was this whole process I’m doing bypasses all temp work permits and PR applications and goes straight for the jugular apparently inside of 18mths if initially accepted I will have PR its meant to be an easier way of entry but all the paperwork and proofs iv had to supply hardly seems easy, I understand that Canada is similar to Spain in their work ethic but still… I have an employer saying it’ll only take a matter of weeks yet a government who is on no rush, I’m hoping they don’t look into my credit history i might hit a brick wall with that one

Hopefully you’ll be fine, was it easy enough to find an employer to go along with the program

It’s kind of the other way around from what I could figure only certain employers are able to offer the MPNP I think it has something to do with the manitoban government selecting the employers to take part, it’s a relatively new program so I’m not 100% up on it I was looking into the LMIA which is now dormant when I fell on this

MartyG nope they don’t look or even care about your credit history believe me on this !.

JIMBO47:
MartyG nope they don’t look or even care about your credit history believe me on this !.

I really hope not as that can be the only thing that would stop it, it’s not knowing that’s what’s the killer all I know is that it’s reached the 2nd stage within the immigration process

Marty they don’t care about our old lives, cant think o any friends that came over that had great credit.or even good credit :smiley: ,its all what we have to offer MB that they care about.

Jumbo has it right, if you’ve got any criminal baggage it’s a different story but they have no interest at all in your financial history.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jimbo not jumbo, sorry about that!

Have you tried to contact MPNP by phone and ask them how long it’s going to be. They are approachable. They have an office in a Winnipeg skyscraper and a staff of about a dozen. Top man used to be Vijay Sharma and he is a good bloke. Ask to speak to his personal assistant; explain your situation and see if she can help. It worked for me when my dad died suddenly and I had to go back to the UK at a crucial time.

Telephone: 1-204-945-2806

Most of us that have been here a while went through the MPNP, it gives you an automatic nomination for PR, you still have to go through all that malarkey. I can’t remember how long mine took to come through, I had to reapply as I got married after a night on the ■■■■ in Vegas, she was already on the PNP application, but because of the name change we had to start again. The PNP office couldn’t have been more helpful, I had to renew my TWP during this time and they set all that up for me. Very easy to deal with and they actually answer the phone or call you back if you catch them at a busy time.

As Jimmy said, unless you’ve got a record for something serious enough that would have seen you turned away when you landed, you’ll have no problems, give them a call and they’ll update you on your application.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys I’ve no criminal record that came back clear just my credit history and debts, I’ll give them a call later today hopefully I’ll get an answer, if there’s only a dozen people working on all those applications I can see why it takes so long

Not sure what company is providing you with the information but they’re sorely mistaken. First of all going over on the MPNP doesn’t mean you bypass the work permit stage, you bypass the stage of having to get an LMIA and work for 6 months in a job before applying for the PNP, you get to do it before you leave England.

Once you get your PNP nomination you then need to fly to Canada and get a work permit at the border, you can immediately apply for PR then, no need to wait as you’re already nominated.

Your nomination is not going to take a few weeks, if you are struggling waiting for one month then you’ll need to work on your patience because this process is NOT fast. You are going to be waiting around 6 months before you get nominated and are able to fly over to Canada to start working. There are multiple steps in the process, submitting an EOI, receiving an invitation to apply, applying, submitting further documents and then your nomination. So if you started the ball rolling in the new year expect things to finalise around June. Once you apply for PR you’ll be waiting a minimum of another 18 months from then to get your PR assuming you have no mistakes, missing documents or skeletons in your closet, the wait is excruciating and you cannot ask for updates, they will not discuss it, PR is a separate process handled by the CIC not the Manitoba government like the PNP is. So start to PR card in hand is about 3yrs all in, I’ve just got the end of it myself in December.

Thanks Kiowan I’ve cleared a lot up now and for the most part your bang on except for the timing I applied end of December and my letter of support and certificate of Nominee are already through I’m just waiting for my new employer to book flights I’m looking at being in Canada end of the month :smiley:

Crikey, it’s changed a lot in the last 3yrs then. Or did you go to the Manitoba pnp event in London? As that was a “pre screening” event as the mpnp were there so it could well have shaved a few months off the normal time line. Drop me a message if you want as you may be starting with my company so happy to give you some help etc

Is there an upper age limit for working in Canada?
I’ve read that for permanent residence applications the cut off is at 50 years old but on the points system you may still be eligible.
What about if you’re not looking for permanent residency but just want to work for a few years, is this possible via work permits etc?
How does it work?

onyerbike:
Is there an upper age limit for working in Canada?
I’ve read that for permanent residence applications the cut off is at 50 years old but on the points system you may still be eligible.
What about if you’re not looking for permanent residency but just want to work for a few years, is this possible via work permits etc?
How does it work?

PR through PNP cuts off at 55, but there’s no limit on age for work permits.
The country seems to change the rules every few years, a while back 4 years was the limit on a work permit but now it’s not limited at all, everywhere is short of drivers and as long as you can pass the medical to renew your licence you’re in demand.