Sometimes I love my job :)

I undoubtedly drive for one of the best transport companies in the USA. I see other drivers who load and deliver out of Domino’s just like us but for lower pay and no benefits, one in particular doesn’t provide and vacation pay for it’s drivers no matter how long they have been employed, the supervisor based in Yonkers for that company actually lives 7 days a week in his Mack cab day and night, he is 64 years old, his wife dumped him and he has no social life. I get along quite well with him as I was one a supervisor for my company at the same site but circumstances forced me to give that post up because I was not willing to stay in the place from Monday to Friday. When I ask the man why he does it I get the same answer “I make over 2 grand a week”
“Yeah but when you have no life what is the point ?”
He doesn’t see my point, this guy is one of those men who will die in his cab one night. I find it sad when on some Sunday nights I drive down to the yard to see his truck parked in the street with his engine running, I press the remote gate tab on my key ring to open the gate to our yard and drive in, I feel somehow I should ask him if he wants to come in and use the shower rooms or even the microwave. How anyone can even think about working for a company that treats people like this amazes me.
Today I got home for the Thanksgiving holiday and sitting watching TV my phone signaled that my weekly pay advice had arrived, I checked it and found I was $100.00 over paid ! … I called payroll because having the $100.00 deducted next week is a pain in the ■■■, I was told “You delivered to Ben & Jerry’s at 11.00 pm on Sunday Pat”
“Yes, why ?”
“We have changed the pay rates for weekends, we pay you $100.00 extra on top of your weekly minimum”
I’ll have some of that, considering I started at 8.00pm that Sunday, was home on Tuesday, then home for the entire weekend at 9.00am Thursday my almost $1500.00 was a nice surprise. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I love this company, I still feel sorry for the other guy who refuses to change from the enemy and will soon be in the poop when elogs are enforced.

I know what you mean Pat, we’ve some drivers at our place that work Mon to Fri on a set run that was set up to give the driver a good pay cheque but they’re greedy buggers and work Sat as well so get home Sat night and only get one day off. If that’s what they want to do then it’s none of my business but as i’m old i like more time off. The firm is eliminating my schedule in February so at 69 i’ll be retiring from trucking, they won’t find me dead in a cab, well, not after February :wink:

Well said Charles, a friend of mine who was so committed to truck driving got into his 70’s and still wouldn’t give it a rest went into work a couple of weeks ago, hooked up to his trailer. got into the driving seat and died. It’s not the way I want to go. In September of 2019 I can claim full social security and my UK pension, I have told my company that I intend to retire right then.

hi pat its a joke aint it /the ol uk will top you up m8 lol on way to georgia next wk this my new crowd will look out for ya

Nice looking motor Steve, I will keep my eye’s peeled :smiley:

Well Steve. You finally have a decent motor. Volvo the way to go.

Paul

yes paul would be better with a 600bhp but cant have it all lol ok pat will lookout 4 ya

I loved my job this week … Christmas bonus week, $4,550.00 top line in my pay :smiley:
$2,000.00 in f***ing deductions :angry:

ffs sake pat bit heavy duty but somebody gotta pay for the wall lol av gd xmas m8 im of to california monday

ffs sake pat bit heavy duty but somebody gotta pay for the wall lol av gd xmas m8 im of to california monday

stevejones:

A long drive from Prince Edward Island :frowning:

yes pat here to l.a. then san fran and back around 7.500miles have a gd xmas m8

This is a good week, Started Sunday night and ran down to Yonkers, 10 hours off, hook up and deliver Laurel MD, then back up to Lancaster PA for the night because of the impending snow storm, I found a nice little truck stop in Leola PA (Rutters stop). Next morning I hooked to a trailer in the yard only 2 miles from the truck stop and delivered Milton NY, then back down to Fairless Hills PA via the brand new Pilot on Doremus ave Newark NJ for a shower. Weds I hooked to a load for Lansdale PA which was only 35 miles away but when I got there a new driver was there also, I couldn’t understand why he was there until I discovered he was at the wrong address, not his fault because his assignment said this address, I sorted him and sent him on his way, 3 hours later I was empty and on my way back to Fairless Hills again to collect a Ben and Jerry’s load with a midnight appointment, it was 5.00pm when I hooked up and the delivery was impossible, I drove up to Vince Lombardy for an 8 hour sleeper break, the load got there 10 hours late, I was home by 1.00pm Thurs and called in, “I will sort out your next load this afternoon Pat” was the answer I got.
Turns out that all I had to do was collect a loaded Ben and Jerry’s load from Yonkers whenever I wanted as it was preloaded and it has to be delivered at 5.00pm on Mon, I chose to go down and collect it today (Friday), I now have a restful weekend and don’t loose any money :smiley: