Sometimes I love my job :)

This is a good week, Started Sunday night and ran down to Yonkers, 10 hours off, hook up and deliver Laurel MD, then back up to Lancaster PA for the night because of the impending snow storm, I found a nice little truck stop in Leola PA (Rutters stop). Next morning I hooked to a trailer in the yard only 2 miles from the truck stop and delivered Milton NY, then back down to Fairless Hills PA via the brand new Pilot on Doremus ave Newark NJ for a shower. Weds I hooked to a load for Lansdale PA which was only 35 miles away but when I got there a new driver was there also, I couldn’t understand why he was there until I discovered he was at the wrong address, not his fault because his assignment said this address, I sorted him and sent him on his way, 3 hours later I was empty and on my way back to Fairless Hills again to collect a Ben and Jerry’s load with a midnight appointment, it was 5.00pm when I hooked up and the delivery was impossible, I drove up to Vince Lombardy for an 8 hour sleeper break, the load got there 10 hours late, I was home by 1.00pm Thurs and called in, “I will sort out your next load this afternoon Pat” was the answer I got.
Turns out that all I had to do was collect a loaded Ben and Jerry’s load from Yonkers whenever I wanted as it was preloaded and it has to be delivered at 5.00pm on Mon, I chose to go down and collect it today (Friday), I now have a restful weekend and don’t loose any money :smiley: