Irish (southern) truck driving

Hi,
My wife is Irish (CO Offaly) and my kids are half Irish. She wants to move back there. I have no objection per sey, but I have noted that the wages seem to be a lot lower than here on the Welsh/English border. Am I looking in the wrong places, or are the wages so much lower in a country where the cost of living is a lot higher?
ATB,
Tommy.

england a poxhole now and doomed being overrun.get yourself across here and remember life as it used to be.(mostly for the better)
the big legal(ish) mobs will pay broadly similar.
a lot of the rest will pay trip money.oodles of flipflops hence pish wages.
ask switchlogic about wages as he worked there.if your only running in eire the wages are pish.itl be uk/eire greif trips,or le continent for you my man.
on the plus side,theres virtually no speed cameras,noticably less bridges,vosa noticable by their absence,and apart from the big cities,nobody will give a monkeys what you do or where you park.
when you go out past the tram lines,then your back to living and driving in the 70s and better.generally nice people with the only drawback the macodougalls on the rob. :slight_smile:

ffs. or stand by your exp .and take it from there if u let them think your flippy floppy standard thats what you will get keep er lit boyo :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

quality of life will overpay you for relocating to eire. :slight_smile:

:smiley:

It depends on what type of work you want ie local continental or UK

Cheers lads, I am led to believe that fuel deliveries pay well. Far better quality of life over there for sure !
ATB,
Tommy.

Check out the
“First time over to Ireland”
thread on drivers forum.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Hi , I’ve not long moved to UK permanently from Dublin, and wages I think for driving and experience you need to have is driving trucks Ireland Uk is crap , I was getting 100 0r 120 a day and some days 15 hours with driving off loading deliveries / collections poor ■■■■ money for all the hassle traffic / long hours , idot drivers ,dodgy roads for deliveries should be on 1000 week.

But supermarket [fridge work ] seems pay bit better than , DHL heard pay good Ireland

Hi Bigtruck & Ddog…
Just wondering - if, like me you’re within 30mins of ‘the border that isn’t’, is there any financial advantage/disadvantage in working for a southern outfit ? (other than the fact that you’d be paid in a currency that might actually be worth something come april… :open_mouth:

Anglo-Nubian:
Hi Bigtruck & Ddog…
Just wondering - if, like me you’re within 30mins of ‘the border that isn’t’, is there any financial advantage/disadvantage in working for a southern outfit ? (other than the fact that you’d be paid in a currency that might actually be worth something come april… :open_mouth:

Hannon in Lusk are mad for drivers and I was told €155/day gross plus nigh out money so was considering it but mean’t being away all week and a 2hr commute on Sun/Fri.
My Accountant also put me off as she said HMRC on PAYE would class me as “International worker” so tax me accordingly!!!

no point of being n.i and working for eire.
similarish earnings but exchange rate kills it plus as big truck says the taxman will visit you 3 years from now.
my mates brother just started with a hannons subby and gets paid the similar as them in the north.
£115 per full day and £25 on top tramping away all week between north and south.
for them full day means just that,and it starts at 15 hours flat out all the time.if you cant hack it,then your subby falls out of favour.
theres plenty of plobber work similar to what you read about on here,but apart from a few,the wages are mince unless you touting around the mushroom brigade where its decent and average,but mostly your a bum in a seat.
live in eire,work in eire,get paid euros.
live in the uk,n.i,work in n.i.
obviously itl depend on what kinda work your looking at .
also,
there obviously is for some,the option of getting an address in eire,registering for your pps number using your middle name (it helps),working in eire and at the same time going on the dole in n.i as theres not a snowballs chance the jobcentre will get you a placement.( especially if you dont have a mobile or house phone as they will need to write to you for any info).
you obviously have a similar option to wangle a eire driving licence as well as a driver card.
im led to believe this option can be quite an earner for those with a bit of gumption.
ps
it works better the other way around as the eire dole is just under 3 times what the uk dole is. :open_mouth: