Driving in Canada

Rhyde87:
Hi all, I’m new so go easy on me

Has anyone recently made the move to Canada? I would be keen to hear opinions from Brits who have actually made the move recently.

I’m under no illusion that pay rates are not the best in the world and it’s long hours and many miles. However a better lifestyle and a beautiful country has many draw. Plus I have no intention of living in the UK anymore.

I’ve been researching online and believe it would be a good move for myself. Do you drivers get much home time? I have no issue with running 2-3 weeks at a time, but would like a few days downtime.

From what I’ve seen online it’s as simply as finding an employer that I would be a good fit with and getting a Canadian licence.

There’s plenty of posts on here about Canada, have a read through.
Jobs are not plentiful like they were 10yrs ago but MB have a PNP scheme going where you don’t need an LMIA and getting PR within 12mths.
There’s a couple of threads below mentioning company’s that are coming over to the Canadian High Comission in London next week interviewing, get hold of one or two of them, see if you can get an interview.
Ask plenty of questions, every company has a different way of working and time-off etc.
Loads of us have been here yrs and very happy, there’s good and bad company’s here, as there is everywhere.
You just have to go with the flow till PR then that opens up a whole lot of options for you.
If you’re by yourself, what have you got to lose trying it.