Calling all British Professional Drivers

Hi Everyone.
This goes out to every English speaking driver who is sick and tired of paying agencies from your hard work? Have you ever thought of being part of a “Driver co-operative” where you are the “Agency” and earn all the money rather than pay someone in a office who knows nothing about trucking.I have been driving for over 20 years now and I could never understand why anyone would want to pay an agency £4,5, 6,7 plus £’s per hour from their hard work, especially when the UK is screaming out for proud professional drivers, who are treated as “BOS” =“Bums On a Seat”.
Why not be a part of the “British Drivers Co-op” where you are the boss and you represent yourself and the Driver Co op,so! Could you be the type of person who is interested in becoming one of the real " Elite of Professional Drivers" who must be customer friendly at all times and respect the “Driver co-op/ Elite of Professional Drivers”, afteral, everyone will be their own boss and a commodity the UK desperately needs. Interested? Please tell me what you think and I will explain how it will work.

Mickey B, sounds great, I’m a British professional driver, when you get the Co-op up and running in Calgary, count me in.

we do have a similar institution in Calgary that includes all professions its called cash corner and is located at 1 street sw and 12 avenue its been in operation in all the 40 years I ve been here.

I suggested this idea many years ago when I first joined Tesco and an agency driver before I became a full time employee, I have tried to get groups of exploited by the greedy agencies, nobody took me serious. Good luck getting people to join you in the venture, although since living in the north American continent I have yet to come across any drivers agencies.

alliance is the only one in Calgary that I know to but general employment agencies do some driver placements. It is certainly not such a big industry as in the uk. I worked for manpower in leeds and Leicester in the 1970 s they were crap .The only good one was Bill Antill Freelance drivers in Leeds the boss was an ex driver and knew what he was doing.

robinswh:
alliance is the only one in Calgary that I know to but general employment agencies do some driver placements. It is certainly not such a big industry as in the uk. I worked for manpower in leeds and Leicester in the 1970 s they were crap .The only good one was Bill Antill Freelance drivers in Leeds the boss was an ex driver and knew what he was doing.

I know of 3 solely driving agencies in Calgary, not including Alliance, all as crap as each other, one run by a Brit.

It’s a great idea and would work great for the benefit of drivers but unfortunately it will never happen and thats a shame but it’s nice to see a person trying to make go of it